Flint Hills Resources is seeking a Corrosion Technician for our Cottage Grove, MN. location.
This role comes with a fully equipped company work truck, technician tools, and uniforms.
This role also offers a flexible 9/80’s work schedule, meaning there is the potential for every other Friday off depending on workload.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Perform inspection, maintenance & repair of corrosion control installations related to pipelines, tanks & station facilities
- Responsible for corrosion prevention of FHR assets within assigned area
- Collect and analyze data related to cathodic protection, internal corrosion, and coatings
- Initiate and manage remediation projects related to corrosion control
- Assist other areas of the company with corrosion maintenance as needed
- Understand and develop relationships with customers, both internal and external
- Must follow safety rules and regulations and promote a positive safety culture
What you will need:
- Valid Driver’s License
- NACE certified Cathodic Protection Tester (Level 1)
- One plus years of pipeline or pipeline corrosion control experience / or 2-year technical college degree
- Requires travel of up to 25% of the time with overnight stays
- Able to meet physical requirements
- Frequently works in hot, cold, or inclement climate conditions
- Occasionally climbs ladders and stairs to reach equipment
- Position requires the ability to wear a respirator and to pass a respirator fit test
- Position requires the ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
What will put you ahead:
- 2-year technical degree
- NACE Certified Internal Corrosion Technologist
- NACE Certified Coating Inspector CIP (Level 1)
- Previous Allegro/PCS experience
- Strong analytical, documentation, economic thinking, and time management skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with field personnel, contractors, customers, and corporate personnel
- Proficient computer knowledge, including all basic MS Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Must be a self-starter and capable of effectively working in a team environment and individually Frequently lifts, carries, or otherwise moves and positions equipment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf