Production Operator (Service Crew)
Production Operator (Service Crew)
Georgia-Pacific is now hiring motivated and detail-oriented individuals to join our team as Production Operators at our facility in Big Island, VA. These team members create value by safely operating machines to meet and exceed the plant’s production and quality goals. Candidates who acquire the knowledge and skills to be successful in this position will have exciting opportunities for advancement.
This position's starting pay is $21.53/hour and includes paid time off, potential to earn quarterly bonuses, overtime, healthcare, 401k, and additional benefits! Production Operators work a night / day rotational schedule.
What You Will Do In This Role
- Performing operator care duties and minor maintenance tasks to include but not limited to lubrication duties
- Working throughout the mill to safely meet production and quality goals
- Learning multiple operator functions in power and recovery, shipping and receiving, and paper machine areas
- Performing detailed housekeeping to keep machinery functioning properly and to maintain the appearance of the plant
- Performing physically demanding tasks that include but are not limited to; using a shovel, rake and water hose
- Operating mobile equipment
- Available to work any shift, including holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for at least 8 hours a day
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) year or more of experience in a farming, carpentry, construction, warehouse, military, production, or manufacturing environment
- Experience using a computer
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least two (2) years of manufacturing or industrial experience
- Six (6) months or more of experience with mobile equipment such as forklifts, clamp trucks, or skid steers, or similar
- Two (2) year technical degree or higher
- Leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf