Production Dryer Line Associate - Entry Level
Production Dyers Line Associate – Entry Level
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Dryers Production Associate for our location in Emporia, VA. This is an entry-level production position with a starting rate of pay of $19.51 per hour. Our Dryers Line Production Workers work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures to include wearing safety equipment
- Learning to operate machinery to expected performance levels
- Supporting machine operators by learning to safely operate the dryers-line and others machines that are used in the process of making Plywood
- Assisting team members throughout the mill during production times
- Performing basic care duties such as preventative maintenance on machinery or repairing minor issues
- Operating small equipment and using tools; blowers, shovels, pitch forks, brooms, to clean up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment for all employees
- Performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day, in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least six (6) months of production/ assembly line work experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and kneel and crouch when required.
- Cross train with other departments
- Work on a ladder and stairs
- Work in a hot and cold environment
- Work night shift
- Work 12-hour shifts
What Will Put You Ahead
- Forklift experience
- Mechanically inclined
- Safety and first aid experience
- Experience with moving machinery
- Experience in an industrial environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf