John Zink is looking for a Controls Specialist based in the U.S.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What You Will Do In Your Role
Perform checkout, testing, troubleshooting and commissioning/ startup of a wide variety of electrical and electronic equipment for our manufactured and packaged equipment. This equipment includes, but is not limit to: pumps, motors, valves, actuators, and transmitters, emission monitoring equipment, recorders, and programmable logic controllers (PLC). Field Service Controls Specialist will be required to install, navigate, troubleshoot and alter PLC’s (programmable controllers) PID loop controllers, VFD’s, HMI’s, and other control devices as needed for correct operation.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience programming, calibrating, and configuring 4-20 MA loop devices.
- Experience modifying, diagnosing and troubleshooting PLC’s (programmable Logic Controllers) such as, but not limited to, Allen Bradley and GE brands.
- Experience understanding and apply National Electrical code (NEC)
- Experience reading and understand P&ID’s, fabrication drawings, and electrical schematics
- Experience troubleshooting experience with 480 VAC, and 24VDC wiring and circuits
- A TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card) will have to obtained within first six (6) weeks of employment
- This role requires extensive travel within the US/ Canada. 75-90% travel should be expected.
- Valid Drivers License
- Must be able to drive a Company vehicle and respond to customers as the need arises.
Must be able to lift up to 50# on occasion and 25# routinely, able to bend, stoop, crawl and maneuver around skidded equipment and piping.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working on all types of industrial, electrical and electronic equipment including, but not limited to motors, valves, actuators, transmitters and PLC equipment
- BS in electrical instrumentation/ Controls engineering discipline
- Electrical journeyman license a plus Experience with Modicon and Siemens Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf