Senior Instrument Control Engineer - Wilton, Redcar, Teesside, UK
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Be an integral member of the development team for new processes to ensure effective control is at the heart of the design.
- Bring a new perspective and deep understanding to existing process technologies to allow them to take advantage of novel and advanced control techniques.
- Deliver instrument design packages for process-technology licensing.
- Design and verify the design of critical safety-system logic.
- Work collaboratively to develop insights into real-time process data.
The Experience You Will Bring
- An engineering degree or equivalent
- Thorough grounding in basic process-control theory
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to view a problem from more than one perspective
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Koch Technology Solutions (KTS) is the technology-licensing business of Koch Engineered Solutions (KES). KTS creates value for its customers across a growing range of technologies. These include leading technologies for making polyester, for the refining industry and for making 1,4-Butanediol and its derivatives. We at KTS combine our exclusive technologies and skills with those of other companies in the KES group to optimise existing and new manufacturing plants for our customers.
The newest additions to our technology range include extracting lithium from brine (Direct Lithium Extraction) to support the growing need for energy storage, and advanced recycling of mixed waste PET bottles and containers into raw materials for high-quality food-grade applications thereby closing the recycling loop on plastics.
KTS is based at the Wilton Centre, a large science and business park ten minutes from Middlesbrough with an on-site restaurant, gym and landscaped grounds including a lake. Other benefits include 25 days paid holiday, private medical insurance and flexible working hours.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills and abilities. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ vacation + 8 statutory
- BUPA Medical Cover
- Flexi-time; You can build up hours so that can have up to 12 days extra vacation in a year
- Contractual weekly hours are 38.75 (Mon-Fri. working week with core hours 10:00 – 16:00)
- Defined contribution pension scheme with Standard Life
- Gym subsidy
The successful candidate will join Koch Technology Solution’s Engineering team in the UK, developing and improving process-control strategies and delivering instrument design packages globally to clients across a range of process technologies. The role will include implementation and training at the client’s site.
As a process licensor, Koch Technology Solutions provides its clients with “front-end” process design packages for others to develop into detailed designs. This provides a unique opportunity to apply innovative, creative thinking to our designs. It will therefore appeal to someone who is driven by delivering imaginative and inventive solutions.