Planner & Buyer
Planner and Buyer
At Koch Industries we look for talent that provides value in the products and services we offer to improve the life of society, having a sense of urgency, reinforcing the commitment to continuously transform and helping us to remain the preferred partner that drives continuous improvement and transformation in our different companies within the group.
Molex is part of the Koch group and for 80 years has been driving innovation in electronics, supporting industries from Automotive to Healthcare and Consumer to Data Communications. That's why our customers rely on Molex to help them master change and create the most important breakthroughs through powerful innovation, engineering excellence, end-to-end supply chain optimization, and world-class manufacturing capabilities.
The right person will bring passion for providing a comparative advantage to companies by enhancing our ability to apply our business philosophy, Market Based Management® (MBM®).
Designs, implements, and executes continuous improvement initiatives that optimize cost structures, improve productivity and product throughput, streamlines processes, and improves service and performance metrics across all operations within Materials and Logistics. Designs, analyzes and implements supply chain solutions to solve complex logistics problems for distribution of materials and finished goods.
- Create the Weekly Production Plan regarding to the Customer Demand, according to the installed capacity in SAP
- and safety stock company policy.
- Analyses of the demand in short and long terms, with the purpose of determine the necessary human capital or Work
- centers to accomplish in time and form with the customer requirements.
- Validate and review the production plan considering the bottlenecks, capacity, and RM availability.
- Provide the Production Plan to the Operations stakeholders.
- Maintain and update sequence of production orders in SAP and MES.
- Ensure on time Customer’s shipments, avoid short shipments or none.
- Ensure the correct set up Master Data for all raw material as data integrity along with Log. Eng. Coord.
- Follow up RM deliveries within internally as 3PL and externally Suppliers always to avoid stopping production lines.
- Create and send RM forecast to external Suppliers by Releases / EDI Scheduling Agreements in SAP.
- Follow up 3PL supply to our facility by RM SAP replenishment or Kanban.
- Provide the current invoices for material in transit to the traffic coordinator and warehouse to ensure receipt through
- the SAP system.
- Conciliate CUM totals of RM, through Schedule agreements or PO’s with all suppliers in a weekly basis.
- Support to control the Maximum and minimum stock.
- Will be involved in reporting the correspondent KPI´s, OTD.
- Support and if needed perform weekly and monthly cycle count along with WH area.
- Ensure that all the materials are received in the system for proper registration and payment to suppliers.
- Control and conciliate with all suppliers our returnable packaging if is the case.
- Guarantee SAP internal communication with PRM and MPP to effective engineering changes.
- Plan and Schedule together with Engineering to avoid have over stock and obsoletes.
- Avoid premium freight.
- Follow up and notify critical FG & RM internally to avoid any kind of Customer production line shutdowns.
- Appraise employee performance per Molex policies and procedures as well as assist in employee interviewing, training, development, discipline, and other activity as required.
- Encourage, support, and foster an environment of open communication between all department/divisional groups, facilities, Rochester Hills and regional/global resources.
- Collaborates with Lean Facilitator and other managers to identify improvement opportunities for workshops and actively participates in workshops.
- Accomplish with the requirements of: IATF 16949, ISO 14001
What will you bring to the role
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, business administration or Logistics field or equivalent experience
- 4 to 7 years minimum experience in engineering related with RM /FG Planning and Logistics or manufacturing discipline (molding, stamping, plating, assembly).
- Understanding of Planning assembly processes, machine design, construction and assembly processes.
- Working knowledge of assembly or molding processes, also optimization and principles.
- Working knowledge of connector inspection methods and processes.
- Working knowledge of RM flow in automotive industry.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- SAP strong knowledge of MM is a must. (specific SD, WMS & IM).
- 5 years’ experience in a connector and assembly production plant with progressive steps of increasing responsibility.
- Previous RM and FG planning experience.
Molex is proud to operate in more than 40 countries, providing more than 45,000 jobs to the communities we serve. We are looking for motivated workers, thinkers and doers to help us grow and make the world smarter, safer and better for everyone.