~~~Relocation Assistance Available~~~
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products Group has an immediate opening for an Environmental Manager at the Wauna pulp and paper mill in Clatskanie, OR. The Facility Environmental Manager will create long-term value by ensuring environmental risks are identified and mitigated while sustaining performance improvement and striving for environmental excellence. As a key member of both the facility and regional environmental leadership teams, the environmental manager will provide strong leadership and strategic direction for the facility through the application of Principle Based Management™ and adherence to Our Values.
The Environmental Manager will be responsible for the development, implementation, and management of the facility’s environmental compliance programs and management systems. This position will lead a team of professionals and work closely with environmental professionals across the organization to leverage best practices and knowledge to drive the highest value for the company. The role will also help ensure that the site conforms to company policies and procedures, such as Georgia Pacific's Environmental Performance Standards. This position reports directly to the Regional Environmental Manager, with a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Mill Manager VP.
The Facility Environmental Manager must be able to embrace and lead change, possess strong interpersonal skills, and efficiently balance multiple priorities. The position requires strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of audiences. The successful candidate must also lead by example, be self-motivated, possess strong analytical skills, exhibit sound decision-making, and have proficient organizational skills.
The Facility Environmental Manager will work closely with the Regional Environmental Team and collaborate regularly with the additional three northwest Georgia-Pacific pulp and paper facilities.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide leadership and strategic direction consistent with our Stewardship & Compliance Principles to achieve our Vision
- Build solid working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including regulatory agencies
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of mill processes and their impact on environmental performance that allows you to enable our operations teams to meet their environmental obligations
- Plan and lead self-assessments to identify opportunities to improve performance
- Work collaboratively with mill operations to ensure the environmental program is effective across the mill
- Fulfil regulatory compliance obligations in a disciplined manner that leverages technology enablers, common processes, and best practices from across the enterprise
- Provide effective leadership and talent development through coaching and mentoring of the Environmental team
- Ensure that an Environmental Management System (EMS) and robust change management process are in place consistent with GP expectations
- Proactively maintain a broad knowledge of current and emerging federal, state, and local Environmental regulatory requirements affecting mill operations
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Management OR Environmental Science
- Experience applying Environmental Laws and regulations in a manufacturing environment
- Environmental compliance and management systems experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Pulp and Paper process knowledge or manufacturing experience
- Experience conducting facility audits or inspections to identify improvement areas
- Experience managing industrial air compliance programs and Title V permit requirements
- Experience in a leadership role with the responsibility of direct reports
- Professional certification/License (e.g., Professional Engineer License)
The mill is located in a picturesque and uncrowded setting and is surrounded by the Clatsop Forest. Its central location provides numerous opportunities for both outdoor recreation and citing living. Portland, Oregon is only an hour’s drive away, while the Pacific Ocean can be reached in under thirty minutes. Many outdoor activities are available near the mill including fishing, hiking, mountain biking, kayaking and boating. And for the adventurer, Mt. St. Helens provides climbing opportunities and Mt. Hood and Mt. Rainier are home to several world class ski resorts.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf