Georgia-Pacific has an immediate opening for a Scaler at our facility in Talladega, AL. This position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Wood Scaling process. Additionally, this person ensures that the quality of the wood received meets our quality standards, helping us to produce some of the highest quality lumber on the market. If you enjoy learning new things and would like the opportunity to work with computers and systems in a manufacturing environment, this is the position for you!
Shift: Day shift (between hours of 5am – 6pm)
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Inspecting incoming log trucks to ensure supplier quality specifications are met
- Communicating with truck drivers, suppliers, and GP personnel on quality improvement opportunities
- Writing warning/reject notices for loads not meeting specifications
- Maintaining inventory information for raw materials; reporting daily usages and inventories to accounting, wood and fiber supply and mill personnel
- Creating and providing reports relative to wood and fiber inventories, deliveries, and wood quality
- Coordinating outgoing shipments with other Georgia-Pacific mills, customer, drivers, and vendors
- Using multiple computer systems to track incoming and outgoing product to ensure that production is maximized and our product gets to market quickly
- Working in a team environment
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Performing work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Working overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in one or more of the following environments: industrial, manufacturing, military, warehouse, customer service, and/or lumber
- Experience with computers
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience using WinScale tracking software
- Customer service and/or sales experience
- Experience managing multiple priorities at once
- Experience tracking inventory levels
- Experience in a wood products manufacturing environment
- Experience identifying wood species; hardwood, softwood, etc.
- Experience creating reports
- Experience with stormwater management
- Experience using a scale to weigh trucks
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook/Excel/Word
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf