Power Fluid Technician
Power Fluid Technician
Georgia Pacific in Madison Georgia is seeking a Power Fluid Tech to be responsible for serving as the subject matter expert regarding all aspects of fluid power and pneumatic systems in the plywood operation while maintaining a clean, safe working environment. The candidate should demonstrate self-motivation and team building skills. A good understanding of the proper use of different types of equipment in a safe manner, while conducting themselves as a professional at all times.
Georgia-Pacific in Madison, GA manufactures pine plywood panels and siding that are ideal for residential and light commercial construction. GP employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visitwww.buildgp.com.
To learn more about our Building Products division, visitwww.buildgp.com/plywood-osb
What You Will Do In Your Role
Sole owner of the Hydraulic Hose Room.
Utilizes expertise to analyze oil samples and provide a path forward on samples failing Building Product’s ISO counts.
- Performs preventative maintenance on hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Performs predictive maintenance on hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Overhauls and reconditions hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Installs new hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Serves as the technical expert and troubleshoots hydraulic and pneumatic issues.
- Assists with design/redesign of new and existing hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Attends training sessions with craftsmen on fluid power systems and hose making best practices.
- Provides failure analysis on failed equipment.
- Follows TEAM standards, promotes a philosophy for “perfect” operating systems and strives for the best and most efficient system operations.
- Documents information and changes/improvements to systems.
- Assists with general lubrication (grease application and oil changes) as requested by supervisor.
- Communicates needs, improvements and status to management as directed.
- Works smoothly with fellow employees, supervisors and managers.
- Follows any other job-related instructions and performs other job-related duties requested by supervisor.
- Assist and/or lead RCFA (Root Cause Failure Analysis) investigations.
The Experience You Will Bring
- If not certified, successful candidate will be expected to obtain the Maintenance Lubrication Technician (MLT 1) and Industrial Hydraulic Mechanic (IHM) certification within 12 months of hire and the Industrial Hydraulic Technician (IHT) certification within 24 months.
- Must be able competent in utilization Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend blueprints, schematics and technical manuals.
- Must be able to accurately perform all math functions including decimals and fractions needed to calculate flows and speeds, pressures and force.
- Must have a working knowledge of electrical and hydraulic central circuits needed to troubleshoot systems.
- Must be adept in fluid power and pneumatic systems & circuitry.
- Must be a very strong technical troubleshooter with the skills to find solutions to complex issues with all types of fluid power and pneumatic systems.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Minimum (3) three years’ experience in hydraulics and pneumatics systems.
- Industrial Hydraulic Technician (IHT) Certification.
- Minimum (1) one year Millwright/Mechanical experience is preferred.
- MLT Level 1 certification.
- Prior experience working in building products business with similar equipment or in similar jobs.
- Must be capable of wearing all OSHA mandated safety equipment required for this job.
One year industrial electrical experience regarding hydraulic power systems.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com