Vessel Operations Coordinator - Varna, Bulgaria
Job Title: Vessel Operations Coordinator
Location: Varna, Bulgaria
Vessel Operations Coordinator (VOC) directly supports supply and trading activities involving physical movements of cargo over the water.
The VOC role is by nature fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging. To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to adjust priorities quickly in response to frequently changing circumstances, must be accurate and timely in their communications, and must be comfortable in a culture that expects challenge and debate.
In addition, this role involves support of world-wide operations that operate continuously and in multiple time zones. Requires some availability for calls and emails outside office hours.
This role is expected to support business during Geneva Hours and with some overlap in US Hours.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage assigned external relations with customers and / or suppliers.
- Optimize vessel and voyage performance.
- Maintain voyage activity information relating to operations updates, voyage specific and other business processes involved with a ship voyage.
- Interacting with in-transit vessels as necessary to help achieve a desired voyage outcome.
- Support process improvement initiatives.
- Be a centre of expertise in the team.
- Provide full input and participate actively in the team processes.
- Create and maintain accurate vessel details, TC contracts, etc. in our voyage operation system (IMOS).
- Work directly with traders, charterers, ship owners, scheduling personnel, and others to provide vessel and commercial operations expertise in areas such as:
- Assessing vessel and voyage capability.
- Assessing risk associated with a specific vessel use.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum second mate sea-going experience on Crude/DPP/CPP vessels.
- Significant and demonstrated customer or supplier relationship skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with discipline in maritime studies
- Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written
- Proficient in use in technology particularly MS Office, Shipping Operation system (strong preference for Veson VIP), Sedna
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience as an Operator of Crude/DPP/CPP vessels.
- Customer focused and relationship building with key accounts (Internal Customers and Ship owners) Accountability and strong sense of ownership, team play and collaboration.
- Ability to prioritize tasks. Excellent time management skills
- Personal drive and the ability to motivate others
- Strong analytical skills
- Proactive and good problem-solving skills – ability to identify potential issues and propose solution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Contribute to a team environment through developing positive working relationships. Able to effectively coordinate and leverage on resources to achieve desired outcomes
- Innovative, adaptable, flexible
- Coaching skills / knowledge transfer skills
- High level of commitment on Compliance aspects and work ethics
- To be comfortable in a culture that expects challenge and debate.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Additional Health Insurance
- Life Insurance