Sr. HR Manager
We are seeking a Sr. HR Manager to lead the HR function for our team at Georgia-Pacific’s paper mill in Clatskanie, OR where we manufacture both branded and private label towel, tissue and napkin products for the retail market. Some of the many products the site produces are Angel Soft bath tissue, Brawny paper towels and Vanity Fair napkins making the Wauna Mill a critically important facility to GP’s Consumer business. In this role the HR Leader will have an opportunity to positively impact culture, and the operation’s overall talent position to achieve business results.
The Wauna Mill employs around 700 union and non-union employees. The facility is located in the town of Clatskanie, Oregon, about an hour from Vancouver, WA and 30 minutes from the historic town of Astoria which is on the north coast of Oregon.
Individuals would need to be in the local area for this role.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Build credibility and trust with the workforce and leaders.
- Ensure employees connect with how they create value for the company; identify talent gaps that are obstacles and coach supervisors on the development of gap closure plans.
- Understand, develop, apply, and coach employees on our culture of Principled Based Management®.
- Oversee labor relations in a union environment, while maintaining positive employee relations.
- Develop business acumen to understand key drivers of business performance and support delivering results.
- Drive innovation in HR functions and processes to include continued automation of transaction work and leveraging shared capabilities across the business.
- Provide strategic guidance to leaders in areas of change management and employee development.
- Leverage data driven solutions to support business and advance results.
- Partner with various capabilities teams to improve our talent position – selection, attraction, and retention.
- Identify HR Compliance risks and develop gap closure plans to address risks while implementing a systematic approach to maintaining compliance.
- Optimize risk to the Company by effectively interpreting current policies and practices while identifying opportunities to drive standardization and eliminate waste.
- Foster knowledge sharing culture to profitably improve efficiency and consistency for GP and to discover untapped value and partner with other HR leaders across GP to share information and best practices.
- Be “forward thinking” to anticipate needs and issues before they arise.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Proven experience with HR related processes that might include – talent acquisition, performance management, talent planning, labor or employee relations, and helping others reach their potential.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing strategic plans to accelerate achievement of business objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated work history in related field/business.
- Experience supporting managers and employees directly.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in a supervisory role where you have developed HR teams and HR professionals or other professional level employees.
- Experience with data analytics; analyzing data, pulling reports, etc. to execute on opportunities.
- Experience leading and directly supporting the Labor Relations function in a union environment.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf