The Georgia-Pacific Wood Product Division is one of the largest manufacturers of wood products in North America, with 38 plants across the United States and Canada, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Georgia-Pacific is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc.– the second largest privately held company in the United States.
Georgia-Pacific is currently hiring a Sales Representative for our Building Products division focusing on Oriented Strand Board wood products. The Sales Representative will be responsible for all aspects of account management with a high emphasis in the analytical approach to sales. A qualified candidate will demonstrate strong sales skills, an economic and analytical mindset, problem solving & critical thinking, business acumen, territory and time management ability, excellent communication, and human relational skills.
We are seeking a candidate located in the Greater Toronto, Canada area. This position is a home-based/remote position with 20% travel required. This position reports to the Canadian Sales Manager.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Own your customer portfolio as your own business with a focus on initiating prospect contacts, developing, and securing relationships with customers to profitably grow sales.
- Ability to analyze market conditions and multiple variables to develop highest return sales strategy.
- Developing innovative solutions to address customer needs.
- Working closely with customer service, and manufacturing resources.
- Communicating effectively with management and business support unit.
- Working independently in managing an extensive customer base.
- Conducting market research to identify new opportunities.
- Accountable for all aspect of managing customer orders.
- Builder and customer visits including product quality issues and claim resolution.
- Travel to visit customer facilities to meet and interface with various personnel as well as attending trade shows, and potential mill visits in the United States and Canada.
- Proactively communicating to customer inquiries for products and information, availability, pricing, order status, and invoice reconciliation.
- Performing analysis on market dynamics and drivers that impact pricing, form a point of view, executing strategies, and pivoting based on outcome.
- Technical skills demonstrated daily utilizing tools such as Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.), Salesforce CRM system, ERP system, etc.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Sales, account management, or inside sales experience
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with a customer base
- Willing and able to travel up to 20% of the time (including some overnights, etc.)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong preference in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or related field
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with an innovative approach to business planning
- Understanding the market drivers and customer behaviors proactively
- Experience in building products or the construction industry is a plus but not required
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Georgia Pacific offers a generous benefits package including a quarterly bonus plan, medical/dental/vision, pension, and paid time off. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
At Georgia-Pacific we are innovative, we manufacture products that make people’s lives easier, and we provide careers, not just jobs for our employees. We foster a culture that values integrity and compliance above all else and we encourage our employees to challenge the status quo. If you are interested in joining our team, please apply today!