Machinery Design Engineer
Flint Hills Resources (FHR) Project Capability is looking for a Project Machinery Design Engineer who will provide engineering support for projects to advance the FHR Vision and increase business value creation.
Location: Corpus Christi, TX with periods of travel to support project execution (FHR sites, engineering contractors, etc.)
FHR is advancing transformation and how application of new technology can create even more value for society through our products. As FHR accelerates new and transformative ways to improve value creation through technology, engineering resources are critical to efficiently engineer, install, commission, and integrate new technology to achieve the vision.
By focusing on rotating equipment technology selection, design development, procurement, installation, commissioning, and the integration into the FHR facilities, a Project Machinery Design Engineer is a key resource needed to advance the FHR Vision of rapid transformation across the entire FHR project portfolio. As part of the Project Team, the Project Machinery Design Engineer is responsible for the design and engineering quality of the rotating equipment being deployed in the project scope. You will be leveraged to ensure the engineering contractor and designers complete designs in accordance with FHR and Industry standards and specifications. You will be a resource that will advance project design development, procurement and construction quality and potentially commissioning support for Corpus Christi and Pine Bend Projects.
From early phases of the project, the Project Machinery Design Engineer leads the technology selection with the various capabilities to provide the fit for purpose technical solution to meet the project objectives. Often, this technology selection requires challenging existing, and creating new, engineering specifications and practices for the new innovative technology application to the FHR assets. Through the project life of engineering to procurement to construction to integration and commissioning, the Project Machinery Design Engineer is the technical resource the FHR Project Capability is relying on to bring cost effective solutions to the challenges rapid Rotating Equipment Infrastructure transformation brings.
As the Project Machinery Design Engineer, you will be responsible to drive healthy collaboration with the Machinery Asset Management Group and other FHR Capabilities that leverage rotating equipment to bring vision alignment into the project scope development and marginal analysis of technology options for key decision recommendations.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead fit for purpose equipment specification and right size project deliverables to achieve project objectives and advance FHR competitive position.
- Provide leadership and support for EP standard revisions and updates.
- Expected to provide detailed review and approval of the deliverables from engineering contractors to support engineering and procurement.
- Expected to support quality assurance inspections of shop fabricated equipment and witness Factory Acceptance Testing and site-based Acceptance Testing. This expectation extends to skid or modular equipment with installed rotating equipment at the fabricator.
- Expected to provide input into construction quality planning, commissioning planning and oversite to rotating equipment such as testing procedures and execution oversight for mechanical integrity and commissioning assurance for pre-start up safety review sign off.
- Expected to support development and implementation of sparing strategy and required operation and maintenance activities for Day 1 Readiness.
- Expected to seek out risk proactively and prevent/mitigate the risk.
- Support the RFI, NCR, and DCMF processes.
The successful candidate is expected to have a broad and in-depth knowledge of rotating equipment design, fabrication, inspection, acceptance testing, field installation, commissioning and troubleshooting. They will have a leverage their personal experience, the broader FHR and industry networks to identify the technical details to successfully deploy new technology.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of 5 years of Rotating Equipment work experience, may be project or industrial support (selection, design, planning, and implementation)
- Demonstrated work experience of evaluating new technology for application in an industrial facility
- Demonstrated work experience utilizing a phased/gated project execution model
- Demonstrated work experience with engineering contractors and review / approval of designs and specifications documents
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated work experience with Rotating Equipment design and specifications in a project or industrial support role
- Experience working in a process manufacturing environment where responsibilities involved Operations, Maintenance or Engineering
- Interdisciplinary knowledge or background (mechanical, chemical, instrumentation, controls, Rotating Equipment, etc.)
- Motivation to find and pursue opportunities to improve project competitiveness
- Working knowledge of pertinent API Specs (Pumps, Compressors, Steam Turbines, Machinery Installation Design)
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing rule or “TWIC” and will require the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC identification badge, allowing for unescorted access to the facility within a specific time period.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf