Georgia-Pacific is now hiring a Calcine Process Operator in our Gypsum plant in Sweetwater, Texas. As a Calcine Process Operator, you will be responsible for using hand tools (i.e., blowers, shovels, brooms) to clean up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment for all employees. You will also operate front end loaders and utilize HMI screens to monitor and control equipment. Operators work in an industrial environment that is hot, humid, and noisy and work around dust, grease, oil, and other chemical substances. This is a non-climate-controlled facility, meaning temperatures can be very high in the summer, and cold in the winter. If you want to be a part of a team that works safely, produces a quality product, and provides ongoing learning opportunities, this may be the job for you!
The hourly rate for this position is $23.50/hour and will operate on rotating shifts that include weekends, holidays, and overtime.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work in the mill/calcine operating machinery to expected performance levels
- Complete daily documented pre-shift work area inspections and initiate corrections as needed
- Collaborate with the team to help meet or exceed production, waste, and quality goals
- Ensure that machines are set up properly and performing optimally
- Troubleshoot and make adjustments to equipment as needed
- Perform various basic asset care duties and routine preventative maintenance on equipment
- Clean work area throughout assigned shifts to ensure an orderly and safe environment
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for at least eight (12) hours a day
- Lift up to 50 lbs
The Experience You Will Bring:
- Experience in a manufacturing, industrial, agricultural, or military environment OR completion of post high school education in a manufacturing/industrial centered program
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of this position
What Will Put You Ahead:
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience identifying, analyzing, and troubleshooting quality issues
- Experience operating or moving heavy equipment
- Experience troubleshooting equipment issues
- Work experience in an MSHA regulated environment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave, and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria are set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy, or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for your individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf