At INVISTA we make the chemicals, polymers, fabrics and fibers that can handle life’s toughest demands. License advanced technologies across various value chains. Create new solutions for life’s biggest needs. And deliver products and brands incorporated into your clothing, your car, and even your carpet.
INVISTA is looking for a motivated multi-skilled engineer with an Electrical bias who has experience in the practical aspects of engineering and maintenance in a manufacturing environment.
The purpose of this role is to work as an integral part of the operations team to deliver effective and efficient maintenance to the manufacturing facility to ensure continuous operation 24 hours per day, 365 days a year. This role is shift based, working 12 hour shifts – 2 days, 2 nights followed by 4 days off.
What You Will Do In Your Role
You will support the site operations team in carrying out a wide range of electrical/instrumentation and mechanical maintenance activities to include:
- First line fault finding and diagnostics
-Routine maintenance to support plant critical systems and equipment
-Equipment performance and reliability
-Support of Operations Improvement and Transformation projects
- You will work on a range of manufacturing and utility systems that support the critical manufacturing environment for a quality critical automotive end use.
- Responsible for reliability of plant equipment and uptime, developing maintenance strategies and implementing improvements.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience of the practical aspects of engineering and maintenance within a manufacturing environment
- Successful completion of an Engineering Apprenticeship
- Academic qualifications to maintain process machinery and equipment. This will include:
-NVQ Level 3 in an electrical discipline or equivalent
-National Certificate in mechatronics engineering or equivalent
- Experience in multi-skilled disciplines – Mechanical or Operations based systems
- The ability to work both independently and as part of the Operations Team
- The ability to plan, prioritise and schedule your work in a busy manufacturing environment
- The ability to work with Computer Based Maintenance Planning systems to maximise effectiveness and efficiency individually and as part of the Operations Team
- The ability to work under pressure
What Will Put You Ahead
- HNC in Mechatronics Engineering
What We Offer You
Our compensation philosophy has an individualized approach, and we compensate each individual based on the contribution they make to the organization (through a mix of base pay, and other variable compensation schemes). There is a shift disturbance allowance offered with this role in addition to base salary. You will also receive a competitive holiday allowance, a defined contribution-based pension scheme, private medical cover, access to an Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family and Life Assurance.