Have you heard? Georgia-Pacific is opening a new $285 million state-of-the art gypsum mill in Sweetwater, TX. Once in operation, this location combined with the existing plant will produce more than 1 billion square feet of gypsum products each year! This is an exciting opportunity to work in a technologically advanced facility in a world class Principle Based Management culture.
Georgia Pacific is looking for E&I Technicians for our new complex. This position is eligible for relocation benefits and will offer a competitive salary with a $5,000 sign-on bonus. Once it is operational, the complex will employ over 200 full-time employees, so come be a part of our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THE ROLE
- Work with operating technicians, mechanics, engineers and other team members to improve reliability and performance of mill equipment
- Install equipment at the component level while adhering to all state and plant codes, policies and procedures
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain machinery and electrical equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operating manuals and manufacturers specifications. Equipment includes but is not limited to: motors, pneumatic components, conveyor systems and production machines
- Operate hand tools, power tools and precision measuring tools and testing instruments for repairs and calibration
- Maintain and improve the reliability of all plant equipment through the use of the MP2 work order system and repair records
- Respond to plant electrical and maintenance issues
- Share knowledge with other technicians regarding maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment
- Work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime
THE EXPERIENCE YOU WILL BRING
- Three (3) years of electrical and/or instrumentation experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment; or two (2) year degree or higher in Electrical/Electronic or Industrial Technology
- Strong troubleshooting skills using PLC’s
- Experience in working with & troubleshooting electrical systems that use 480V, 3 Phase and lower voltages
- Experience installing, troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating electrical/mechanical instrumentation
- Willing and able to be training in the use of PLC programming and software
WHAT WILL PUT YOU AHEAD
- Five (5) years or more of industrial experience in the electrical and/or electronics field
- Experience working with PLC’s, RSLogix5000, RSLinx and Siemens S7
- Experience working with variable frequency drives and servo drives
- Experience in the electrical and/or electronics field in a manufacturing setting
- Experience working with pneumatic systems
- Experience with systems integration i.e.: PLC, HMI, Instrumentation, Networking, Communication and Power Distribution
- Experience reading technical drawings, electrical and pneumatic schematics
- Knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC)
- Experience troubleshooting bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com