Koch-Glitsch is looking add an Equipment Engineer to the team located in Wichita, KS. This individual will facilitate technical specifications, design, and the optimization of mass transfer and mist elimination equipment utilized in the oil and gas, petrochemical and chemical industries.
Koch-Glitsch is a complete separations and mass transfer solutions provider with extensive knowledge, experience, and unique capabilities. Across the chemical, petrochemical, refining, gas processing, pharmaceutical and specialty chemical industries, Koch-Glitsch is recognized as a global leader in mass transfer and separations equipment as well as related services, with a full range of capabilities to meet the toughest needs in the industry. Koch-Glitsch is a part of Koch Engineered Solutions (KES), which is a dynamic network of businesses with deep domain expertise designed to meet ever the changing needs of the market.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Own the design phase for all engineered-to-order equipment in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, utilizing expertise in fluid dynamics, hydraulic design, structural mechanics, and 3D CAD
- Coordinate a quality engineered product and deliverables on time to the customer, purchasing, and fabrication, while supporting other technical disciplines, as necessary.
- Partner with sales and process engineering to transition technical scope of supply from pre-order to drawing creation
- Partner with supply-chain management to optimize raw material utilization and manufacturability of design
- Partner with project and process engineers to understand customer needs and overcome challenges such as operating capacity and installation
- Participate in pre-order value engineering to provide technical solution scope even before an order is placed
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline OR relevant experience in mechanical design or mass transfer equipment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with coding in engineering applications and/or excel VBA
- Project engineering experience
- Prior exposure to mass transfer technology equipment design, manufacturing, or installation.
- Prior experience with burner design, manufacturing, or installation.
- Prior experience with Autodesk Suite (Inventor, AutoCAD, Inventor Nastran), MS Suite, or Mathcad
- Experience in the oil and gas industry
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.LI
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf