Our Georgia-Pacific Gypsum plant in Lovell, WY is currently hiring for experienced manufacturing employees for our Production Operator roles of varying levels. As a Production Operator, you will operate production equipment on one or more machine centers and frequently cross-train in other roles.
Our Production Operators work a 12-hour rotating shift that includes weekends, holidays and overtime when needed. Starting rate for this position is $25.50 per hour, with one week (prorated based on hire date) of paid vacation eligibility, after 90 days, for your first year of employment. In additional to career growth opportunities, Georgia-Pacific also offers medical, dental and vision benefits, company matching Health Savings accounts, 401k with company match, education reimbursement, and paid training to every employee.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operate equipment to defined standards and product specification targets
- Monitor and/or entry into computer control systems
- Troubleshoot equipment to optimize production
- Perform basic asset care duties to include routine preventative maintenance and cleaning of work area
- Work as a team to help meet or exceed production, quality, and safety goals
- Operate and/or work around mobile equipment that ranges from forklifts to heavy equipment
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Cleaning work area throughout assigned shifts to ensure an orderly and safe environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in a manufacturing, industrial, agricultural, or military environment OR completion of post high school education in a manufacturing/industrial centered program
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two (2) year technical degree in Manufacturing Technology or Industrial Manufacturing, or an Industrial Technician Certification
- Experience using a computer to include utilizing Microsoft Word, Outlook, etc.
- Experience operating a lift truck
- Experience operating heavy equipment in a manufacturing or production environment
Our Georgia-Pacific Lovell, WY facility produces a variety of gypsum wallboard products. Georgia-Pacific Building Products division is the No. 1 producer of wood panels, gypsum products and lumber in North America. To learn more about this location and our gypsum division please visit: www.gp-gypsum.com.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf