Technical Lead UI
This position is for a member of the Georgia-Pacific Manufacturing applications team. This person will provide technical direction as well as hands-on development for a Bangalore-based development team through close collaboration with other global team members. The ideal candidate would have a sincere passion for helping and developing others as well as be technically proficient in the Microsoft web development stack and serverless development in Amazon Web Services. This person would be a part of a worldwide development team with members based across the United States as well as India. Being committed to constantly updating your skills and learning new things is a requirement of this role.
The Programmer Analyst will be a part of an international team that designs, develops and delivers new applications for Koch Industries. Koch Industries is a privately held global organization with over 120,000 employees around the world, with subsidiaries involved in manufacturing, trading, and investments. Koch Technology Center (KTC) is being developed in India to extend its IT operations, as well as act as a hub for innovation in the IT function.
This position is for a member of the Georgia-Pacific Manufacturing applications team. This person will perform a variety of application development activities as well as participate on a weekly rotating on-call group. The ideal candidate would be experienced in front end technologies and user experience (UI/UX) and have experience building solutions in Amazon Web Services. This person would be a part of a worldwide development team with members based across the United States as well at the KTC location in Bangalore. Being committed to constantly updating your skills and learning new things is a requirement of this role.
A Day In The Life Could Include:
Technical Lead Responsibility:
- Technical oversight of solutions implemented by GP-Bangalore resources.
- Collaborate with the technical architect(s) to analyze, design, and oversee the implementation of software solutions
- Participate in the estimation of work requests
- Regularly update U.S. and India-based supervisors on overall progress, including potential roadblocks or issues.
- Assist in the maintenance of the backlog
- Provide direction and technical leadership for the team both for in-progress solutions as well as on-call support issues
- Mentor other developers on best practices
- Support Analyst Responsibility:
- Resolution of end-user issues for applications in production
- Respond to end user issues submitted through the support desk
- Perform system administration function for various manufacturing applications
- Participate on a rotating weekly 24/7 on-call group
- Identify and implement system enhancements that would improve value of applications supported
- Update support documentation as needed
What You Will Need To Bring With You:
(experience & education required)
- Knowledge of application development patterns & best practices
- Translating requirements into style guides, design systems, design patterns, and attractive user interfaces
- 7+ years of experience as a front-end developer
- 7+ years of UI/UX development experience
with the following:
- React - 4+ years
- Rxjs - 4+ years
- HTML, CSS - 5+ years
What Will Put You Ahead:
(experience & education preferred)
- Prior technical/team lead experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Experience with Angular and Bootstrap
- Experience with Progressive Web Applications
(physical demands/ unusual working conditions)
• Will participate in a low-throughput on-call rotation
Koch is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace