Maintenance Supervisor - Insulation
GROW YOUR FUTURE WITH KOCH FERTILIZER CANADA, ULC!
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth as a result of reinvesting 90% of our earnings.
Based in Brandon, Manitoba, we synthesize and blend nitrogen, phosphate, and sulfur products with ammonia, which we market primarily in the prairie provinces of Canada and the northern United States. Operating 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, we employ approximately 270 dedicated team members. Our fundamental commitment to safety, health, and environmental stewardship drives all our processes.
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR, INSULATION
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC is looking for an energetic, contribution motivated individual to join the Maintenance organization. This role offers a fast-paced working environment and opportunities for career development within our growing organization! The Maintenance Insulation Supervisor will be part of a team of four supervisors who report directly to the Maintenance Execution Manager. The Insulation trades team consists of five Insulators, one Services Labourer, and one Heavy-duty Mechanic.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Build a high performing team by overseeing the training and development of the insulators, and services labourer.
- Coordinate and oversee the effective execution of routine maintenance and outage work assigned to the insulating team. Manage work order backlogs to maintain acceptable levels.
- Resource jobs appropriately, where required, arrange for employee overtime and or solicit contractor support responsibly.
- Assist with coordinating contractor support trade work such as scaffolding, vacuum trucks, and fire suppression system jobs.
- Facilitate transformation in the department by creating, revising, and or adapting new procedures.
- Ensure tradespersons are equipped with appropriate supplies including tools, materials, and equipment.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in applicable work areas.
- Review and approve employee timecards.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills; maintain a high level of integrity, honesty, and professionalism.
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Ability to work in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Availability for flexible hours based on job requirements.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders, and work at heights.
- Occasional exposure to fumes/airborne particles
- Ability to pass pulmonary breathing test.
- Ability to wear a gas mask-type respirator and PPE.
- Tolerance to occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles and toxic/caustic chemicals with appropriate PPE
- Unassisted physical mobility in and around plant and equipment
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel as necessary.
- Ability to travel to and enter site to access equipment.
- 10% travel, including air.
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least three (3) years of maintenance experience, preferably in a unionized, industrial setting
- High School Diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED)
- Valid class five (5) driver's license
What Will Put You Ahead
- Interprovincial Red Seal Insulating certification or a related Red Seal certification such as Carpentry, or Sheet Metal
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC Offers a full extended benefits package including health and dental coverage, pension and subsidized investment options, as well as nationally-competitive wages in an environment that is committed to success!
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located in the FAQ section at the bottom of the kochcareers.com webpage.