INVISTA is currently seeking a Software Engineer for our manufacturing execution systems (MES) product team. This role will be responsible for partnering with our operations leadership and our sites to drive the advancement of modern applications and technologies to reduce complexity and to improve the MES user experience. As part of a global team, you will need to have good communications skills, a contribution mindset, be able to adapt to changing demands, and build strong relationships.
If you love solving problems and have a desire to learn, come help us create value by accelerating our transformation.
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Apply critical thinking to solve problems across complex and distributed systems.
- Develop and implement alternatives to address business needs.
- Collaborate proactively with internal product teams, vendors, and partners for enhancements, application upgrades, and operational support.
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative to drive and achieve improvement opportunities focusing on root cause analysis to enable self-serve, automation, eliminating old process and technologies, and continuous optimization of our long term valued systems.
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide 24/7 support for our critical manufacturing systems.
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and ownership and a strong sense of urgency.
- As part of a product team, you will apply a DevOps approach to deliver a portfolio of applications (SaaS, third-party software, and internal applications) interacting with business partners, understanding their technical requirements, and executing on solutions to meet their needs.
- Communicate effectively to business partners, IT teams and leadership on status, risks and roadblocks, and aid team members in overcoming obstacles.
- Continuous development and transformation of our manufacturing execution systems and integrations that provide long term value.
- Partner with the business and external parties to continually find methods to reduce support and incident volume through monitoring, appropriate prioritization, and ensuring best practices are leveraged.
- Optimize agility and performance by leveraging cloud deployments, containerization, and serverless computing.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in developing OR maintaining applications with SQL and Python
- Experience gathering business requirements and providing documentation to technical leaders and teams
- Experience collaborating across multiple teams and capabilities such as network (WAN/LAN), cyber security, and data analytics teams to solve complex technical problems.
- Experience successfully explaining complex technical processes to individuals with differing levels of technical knowledge.
What Will Put You Ahead
- 2+ years of work experience in Information Technology
- Experience mentoring new technology and concepts to less experienced technical team members
- Experience with Kubernetes or Docker, deploying applications in cloud and serverless framework
- Experience working within ServiceNow and creating and maintaining documentation
- Experience in the deployment and on-going management of software applications in an enterprise environment
- Experience deploying enterprise-wide Manufacturing Execution Systems
- Experience working cross functionally with networking, network, and security teams.
- Experience working with external vendors and partners on technical problems.
- Experience communicating with stakeholders and working cross functionally with vendors and external partners.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf