E & I Journeyman
Georgia-Pacific Containerboard in Toledo, OR facility is a containerboard mill that was built in 1957 as the company’s first pulp and paper mill. The facility has approximately 400 employees and manufactures both linerboard and corrugated medium on three paper machines, using both virgin and recycled fiber. The mill and its employees are committed to sustainability for the benefit of the environment, society and our business. To learn more about our Packaging Division, visit www.gppackaging.com.
Our Georgia-Pacific location in Toledo is looking for our next E & I Journeyman team member. Journeyman E&I new pay rate for this role is $42.37 an hour with a generous benefits package. Also, we are offering a $10,000 sign on bonus paid out on first full cycle paycheck.
This position works an eight (8) or twelve (12) hour shift, holidays, weekends, overtime and on call hours as needed. Benefits include competitive medical/dental/vision insurance with FSA or HSA, short-term disability, 401k with employer match, paid time off, a Monday through Friday schedule with overtime opportunities, paid continuing education, education reimbursement opportunities, and no travel required.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Problem solving, troubleshooting, installing, repairing, and maintaining facility electrical distribution and manufacturing process equipment
- Monitoring and providing feedback on equipment conditions and potential failure risks
- Troubleshooting AC/DC drives
- Making modifications to existing conduit and wiring
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Required to work at heights and in confined spaces
The Experience You Will Bring
- An Oregon Limited Journeyman Manufacturing Plant (PJ) license *Due to Reciprocity, licensing also includes Arkansas, Idaho, Maine, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming*
- Two (2) years or more instrumentation experience in an industrial or military environment
- Meet Safety & Physical requirements for this role
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with PLC’s, ABB or Allen Bradley drives, AC/DC motors, drives and medium voltage switchgears
- Experience with a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Experience reading single line schematics
- Experience troubleshooting, repairing, overhauling, and maintaining electrical/mechanical equipment and air conditioning systems
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf