Entry-Level Kraft Shipping Operator
Entry-Level Kraft Shipping Operator
Our Georgia-Pacific facility in Palatka, FL is seeking Entry-Level Kraft Shipping Operators. This position is an opportunity for a motivated hard-working individual to learn and advance their knowledge of the paper making process. At Georgia-Pacific we believe in creating a safe work environment where employees feel empowered to complete tasks in a safe manner and where new ideas are encouraged.
Shipping Operators work a rotating 12hr shift on a schedule which will rotate days, nights, holidays, weekends, and overtime hours. Our work environment is hot, humid, with a level of noise and dust that requires provided ear protection and eye protection.
Starting pay rate: $19.50/hour
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Daily department cleaning which can be in hot humid and sometimes confined areas.
- Forklift operations
- Moving finished goods around facility with tow motor
- Shipping and receiving of good within the plant
- Work with team members to learn and advance your knowledge and skills
- Use a tablet to manage Operator Basic Care (OBC) routes and to issue safe work permits
- Taking on additional job duties as one progresses through the skilled paper making training process
- Entry level employees will complete safety training that consist of lock out tag out, fall protection, Safety controls, confined space entry, forklift safety certification, and “Save My Life” permitting
- Walking and/or standing the majority of a 12-hour shift
- Climbing multiple flights of stairs
- Physically lift to 50lbs
- Daily stooping, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, and squatting throughout the shift
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience using a computer, or tablet in a work environment
- Experience in a manufacturing, industrial, farming, automotive, service and/or military environment
- The ability to read a tape measure
- Forklift experience
- Tow motor expereince
- Shipping and receiving experience
- High School diploma or GED
What Will Put You Ahead
A minimum of one (1) year of industrial work experience
Shipping and receiving computer/handheld scanner experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf