Senior Indirect Buyer
The Sr. Buyer-Indirect is part of the Indirect Procurement Team in Europe, which together with the Category Managers is responsible for the total indirect buy for the assigned categories in Europe. The position will be in our plant in Siemianowice Śląskie, near Katowice in Poland.
It is an important role as profitability can be affected by how successful a Sr. Buyer is in the job. Since a Sr. Buyer can enhance profits by effectively negotiating and sourcing the best goods and services at competitive prices and lowest total cost of ownership, the Sr. Buyer must understand the target market (HR, Outside Services, Logistics and R&D) and be able to understand the trends to support the organization for the best buy.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- With the focus of their role to select the best services and goods and buy at lowest TCO to generate profit for the organization, the buyer’s responsibilities revolve around this task.
- Key responsibilities include:
- Identifying the organization’s purchasing needs in its early stage
- Researching, selecting, and contracting and ordering the needed services or goods.
- Lead the recruitment, evaluation, and selection of suppliers through market sourcing, identification of supplier capabilities, the creation of RFx documents, proposal review, risk analysis, and commercial contract negotiation.
- Regional implementation of contracts established by Category Management and compliance to those contracts.
- Building relationships with suppliers and negotiating with them for the best price, quantities, and delivery timescales
- Processing purchasing requisitions and updating management on the status of orders
- Understanding the target market and analyzing trends to make informed buying decisions
- Interact with the Category Managers to support them in the establishment of an effective and cost saving category strategy, supplier negotiations and contract development.
- Ensures and monitors the regional buy for the categories and associated KPI’s for Indirect Procurement within the region.
- Ensures and monitors compliance with contractual obligations, sourcing policies and preferred supplier arrangements.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A bachelor’s degree in business engineering, Supply Chain Management, Business/Administration, Finance, Education, Economics, Technical, Management, Manufacturing.
- Several years of experience in similar role
- Strong commercial awareness, skilled negotiator and able to verify the impact and risks for the organization.
- Able to work constructively with suppliers, internal business partners, procurement colleagues in different roles and geographical areas/countries within Europe.
- Able to communicate (verbal and in writing) in Polish, English and German is required.
- Analytical, creative and solution thinking mindset; able to work with minimal guidance.
- Able to work under time pressure without losing the accuracy needed to achieve the best results.
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information relative to the business requirements.
- Strong communication skills both verbal as well as in writing; able to present in meetings.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Self-motivated and able to manage own workload to achieve targets set by self or others
- Demonstrably high level of personal integrity and performance ethic.
- Competent to use different sourcing tools such as e-auctions.
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Ability to communicate in Dutch and/or Italian language is an advantage.
- Knowledge of SAP ECC, Coupa, Ariba is more than helpful.
What Do We Offer:
- Private medical health care
- Life insurance
- Sport card
- Team building events
- Referral program
- Internal and external trainings
- Work in Principle Based Management environment, where we promote honesty and respect, we prefer self-reliant employees with initiative over micromanagement, we openly share the knowledge and expect employees to be eager to learn