Guardian Glass is seeking their next Truck Driver in Galax, VA!
Who are Guardian Industries? When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
New starting wage 55 cents per mile with an increase at 6 months to 58 cents per mile and again at one year to 62 cents per mile for solo drivers. 7 percent match on 401k, 3 weeks paid vacation upon hire, more home time, excellent medical benefits
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Performs all duties necessary to ensure the safe operation and delivery of flat glass products
- Driver must drive combination vehicles weighing up to 80,000 lbs gross
- Driver must maintain current hours of duty status according to FMCSA regulation via electronic logging device
- Driver must perform Driver Vehicle Inspections, FMCSA, DOT, inspections according to FMCSA regulation
- Driver must assist, if asked, customers during the unloading process which could include pallet jacking, strap, chain securement, etc.
- Driver must secure loads of glass to the trailer which requires climbing on ladder, using winch bars for cinching straps tight enough to hold containers of glass weighing 12,000 lbs in unison.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Class A CDL
- Lifting: up to 75 lbs (by individual)
- Drive/Work up to 14 hours a day any day of the week
- Drive/Work 50-70 hours in any 8 day period
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.