Koch Minerals & Trading is seeking a Credit Analyst to join our team in Wichita, KS! As a Credit Analyst you will play a key role in supporting KMT’s global commodity trading business. You will work closely with internal risk and commercial team members globally, as well as counterparties' finance professionals, to understand, communicate and optimize credit risks for KMT businesses.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail, and high level of initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and implement solutions
If you thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment, check out our open role!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop strong understanding of new and existing counterparties’ credit risk profiles
- Identify and communicate credit risk drivers to support credit exposure decisions
- Collaborate with risk and commercial teams to understand and optimize reward/risk tradeoffs in counterparty relationships
- Recommend and approve credit limits supported by the risk point of view
- Build and maintain relationships with counterparties to support credit risk analysis and credit term and agreement negotiations
- Perform Anti-Money Laundering (AML) / Know Your Customer (KYC) vetting on counterparties
- Manage counterparty exposures within approved limits, including by obtaining letters of credit and other collateral
- Develop and implement improvements to credit analysis and other systems and processes
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or other business-related field
- Exposure to analyzing corporate financial statements
What Will Put You Ahead
- Fluent in Spanish
- 2+ years’ experience in credit analysis
- Credit analysis experience at a commodity trading firm, commodity marketer or producer, or bank active in commodities
- Experience with financial derivatives and related credit risks
- Experience developing solutions in PowerBI, PowerQuery, Alteryx, or similar tools
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf