Statutory and Tax Reporting Team Leader
Who is Koch Industries?
Based in Wichita, Kansas, Koch Industries is one of the largest private companies in America, with annual revenue of more than $100 billion. Established nearly 80 years ago, has grown from crude oil gathering and refining to multinational company employing about 120.000 employees worldwide. Growth of the company is a result of owner’s commitment to reinvest 90% of company earnings.
Currently Koch Companies include Flint Hill Resources (oil refining), Georgia-Pacific (paper products), Invista (polymers and fibers), Molex (connectors), Guardian Industries (glass products) and many others. Unique element of all Koch Companies is common management philosophy called Principle Based Management, deriving its’ principles from concepts of free markets and societies.
Koch Business Solutions is looking for a Statutory and Tax Reporting Team Leader to become part of our EMEA Shared Service Center in Katowice. In this role you will have the chance to develop your team, which is providing services for multiple Koch group entities across Europe.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Coordinate work of the team (5-7 people) and ensure timely submission of tax returns / financial statements.
- Review and coordinate a process of preparing the financial statements in Luxemburg and Belgium.
- Plan, coordinate and execute preparation of consolidated accounts of the group on European level. Coordinate cooperation with statutory auditors.
- Leading more complex accounting projects.
- Guide the team in advancing our values.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Previous direct involvement in process of preparation of annual standalone and group financial statements and statutory audits.
- Leadership capabilities and first experience in coordinating people.
- Highly developed organization and communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Previous direct involvement in preparation of financial statements will be an advantage.
- Experience in indirect tax will be an asset.
- General knowledge of direct tax and deferred income tax – how to calculate current and deferred tax and prepare CIT returns will be beneficial.
- Solid accounting background and experience with GAAPs in European countries will be a plus.
- Knowledge of other languages for example French and German will be an advantage.
What Do We Offer
- Hybrid model of work
- Flexible working time
- Private medical health care
- Life insurance
- Sport card
- Fruits and snacks at the office
- Employee educational assistance plan
- Referral program
- Team building events
- Internal and external training
- Work in Principle Based Management environment, where we promote honesty and respect, we prefer self-reliant employees with initiative over micromanagement, we openly share the knowledge and expect employees to be eager to learn.
Koch Business Solutions (KBS) is part of our Koch Global Services Group, which what we call all our global Koch Business Solutions companies and is the global problem solver of business needs for Koch Industries. We serve more than 120,000 employees worldwide and partner with 11 Koch companies from a diverse number of industries: from making fabric to manufacturing cell phone components. Since 2003 Koch has invested over $80 billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures and are proud to reinvest more than 90% of our earnings back into our companies. Our culture is defined by the Principled-Based Management (PBM)® philosophy (more information:here) which guides everyday decision making and provides employees with opportunities to contribute and personally benefit from the value they create.