DATA ENGINEER (i360)
i360, where The Data is the Difference, is the leading data and technology provider for those advancing a free and prosperous society through the campaign, nonprofit, and advocacy communities. i360 is a dynamic workplace sitting at the intersection of public policy, technology, and business, and is seeking team members who are excited about building the next generation of political technology.
i360 is seeking a mid-level Database Engineer to join its data engineering team. With your technical expertise, you will design, implement, and improve processes, procedures, and automation for all database-centric areas. You will tune our relational database systems and NoSQL systems for performance and reliability. You are responsible for building tools and scripts to monitor, troubleshoot and automate our systems. You propose test plans and interface with other teams, developers, and application owners to arrive at optimal solutions. Successful candidates will solve problems unique in scale and concept in the pursuit of new and original features. So, bring your ingenious mind, great team spirit and excellent communication skills to this great opportunity at i360.
What you will do in your role:
- Work with senior engineers and architects on the team to build and test SQL and NoSQL database solutions
- Proficient with programming languages such as Python, Java, Spark, or Scala
- Proficiency with relational database concepts & query optimization
- Experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with building data pipelines and implementing ETL processes
- Perform code reviews and QA data imported by various processes
- Investigate, analyze, correct and document reported data defects
- Create and maintain technical specification documentation
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders and collaborate with cross-functional teams
What You Will Need:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, or other Engineering disciplines
- 4+ years of experience with relational database(s)
- 4+ years of coding experience in Python and/or Java
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Knowledgeable on NoSQL, Columnar and/or Graph databases such as Elasticsearch, neo4j, Redshift, & Snowflake
- Knowledgeable on architecting, developing, and maintaining solutions in AWS
- Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux platforms
- Familiarity with streaming services & event buses
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf