Process Controls Specialist
INVISTA Houston Propylene is seeking an Operational Technology Specialist to support our Houston Propylene plant. INVISTA Houston Propylene was the first Catofin propane dehydrogenation plant in the United States, and worldwide, we remain the most productive Catofin plant in our size class.
This role works a 9/80 schedule.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Own the reliability and performance of the networks supporting the plant’s control systems, by:
- Performing hardware and software upgrades to the plant’s control systems, including PLC’s.
- Ensuring cybersecurity and system patching updates are kept current.
- Troubleshooting and resolving hardware alerts for infrastructure in the process controls network.
- Develop lifecycle refresh recommendations for process control network assets.
- Recommending spare parts stocking levels and ensure the readiness of spare components.
- Performing downloads and modifications on online systems, including development of the appropriate bypassing and risk mitigations steps to ensure no disruptions to operations.
- Participating in controls design review, FAT, SAT, and commissioning for capital projects.
- Onboarding and collaborate with contractors during larger upgrade efforts.
- Work alongside the rest of our process controls team, there additional opportunities for additional responsibilities such as control strategies development, logic modifications, and loop tuning, depending on the ability of the successful candidate.
- Have the ability to climb ladders and stairs, such as those in a plant operating area.
- Participate in knowledge sharing and networking with INVISTA’s Global Operations Technology Team and with automation professionals in the other three plants in INVISTA’s Texas Chemicals Complex.
- INVISTA’s Principle-Based Management (PBM) culture values Principled Entrepreneurship, and as such there are opportunities to drive transformative changes (people / process / technology) in our organization.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Previous experience with Honeywell DCS Systems, specifically relevant to the networking aspects of Distributed Controls Systems
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Must have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's or higher degree in a field relating to engineering technology or computer science
- Previous experience with virtualization of process controls networks
- Previous experience with Honeywell Safety Manager
- Previous experience with OSI PI system administration
- Previous experience with PLC's and SCADA communication
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf