We are seeking an experienced software engineer to join our Koch Equity Development (“KED”) team. KED is an investment and acquisition arm of Koch Industries, a privately-owned business with significant capital strength and liquidity. Since 2012, KED has deployed approximately $30 billion into structured capital investments and acquisitions. KED’s investment mandate includes include finite-term, levered buyouts, all pursued on an industry-agnostic basis.
As the first software engineer on our team, you will play a crucial role in developing the software systems and tools to aggregate and ingest data, run financial and economic analyses, and support investment and operational excellence professionals. You will have the rare opportunity to build software systems and tools from scratch, using your preferred programming languages, methodologies, and tools, and contribute to the development of software engineering practices within KED.
A successful candidate will be a collaborative team player with high integrity, excellent communication skills, and critical thinking ability. You should be self-motivated, creative, and eager to learn. The ideal candidate has a background in accounting, financial analysis, or economic analysis, and is passionate about investing.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work closely with investment and operational excellence professionals to understand their needs and build tools accordingly
- Develop and maintain software systems and tools to aggregate and ingest data, run financial and economic analyses, and provide insights to investment and operational excellence professionals
- Contribute to the development of software engineering best practices within the company
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in software development, data analysis, and financial analysis
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Strong programming and analytical skills
- Experience working in a team environment with cross-functional teams
What Will Put You Ahead
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering
- Familiarity with financial and economic analysis, accounting principles, and investment strategies
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with investment professionals and other team members
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf