Flint Hills Resources (FHR) is looking for a Multi-Craft Technician who will be responsible for helping to support the Pipeline and Terminals in Texas. This role will be located in the Euless, Texas or Waco, Texas area. The role will be responsible for specification, installation, testing and repair of all types of mechanical and rotating equipment used in the operation of Refined products pipelines and fuel terminal. Additionally this role will support the maintenance of instrumentation, electrical and electronic Equipment. This includes, but not limited to pumps, motors, valves, actuators, meters, and transmitters in the field. Other responsibilities may also include measurements, regulatory equipment inspections, and other duties required for daily pipeline and terminal operations. A successful candidate will have computer skills, specifically the ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and ability to learn to use proprietary databases, good verbal and written communication skills, and general mechanical and electrical skills.
We are expecting this position to start at $35/HR or more based on experience. This role also offers a flexible 9/80’s work schedule, meaning there is the potential for every other Friday off depending on workload.
Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy
Our Benefits Package Includes:
- Relocation assistance
- Bonus eligible!
- This role comes with a fully equipped company work truck, technician tools, and uniforms.
- Automatic 401K company contribution
- Additional 401K competitive match program
- Excellent Health benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Making sound economic decisions, ensure incident prevention, drive predictable execution, achieve competitive results
- Effectively communicate with others, be receptive of both challenge and feedback
- Being able to work independently or as an effective team member
- Understand and develop relationships with customers, both internal and external
- Must follow safety rules and regulations and promote a positive safety culture
- Physical ability to frequently stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, reach, handle, bend, twist, climb, and balance; to occasionally sit, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Ability and willingness to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (for example: hard hat, safety glasses, fire retardant clothing, respirator, safety work boots, etc. as required)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (with frequent carrying of up to 25 pounds)
- Must be able to adequately hear alarms and other sounds which may include a safety concern
- Must be able to communicate hazardous conditions and other dangers
- Must be able to work near moving mechanical parts, work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and outdoor weather conditions, work in high, precarious places and work around fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2-year technical degree in Mechanical or Electrical/Instrumentation disciplines OR 3+ years of work experience with industrial and electronic equipment that may include (motors, valves, actuators, meters, transmitters, pumps and valves)
- 1 or more years of experience with Mechanical/Electrical troubleshooting, including the ability to understand and interpret electrical and P&ID drawings and schematics / Or equivalent military experience.
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- Available for on-call including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Willing and able to perform physical requirements as listed
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five (5) or more years of work experience working with industrial and mechanical/electronic equipment that may include (motors, valves, actuators, meters, transmitters, pumps, and valves)
- One (1) years or more of work experience maintaining multi-stage pumps, electrical starters, switch gear, and VFD’s from 480 Vac
- One (1) years or more of work experience with pipeline measurement including proving, maintaining and troubleshooting flow meters
- Proven ability to test voltages of 3 phase power up to 480 volts
- Ability to understand and apply the National Electric Code
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing (TWIC) rule and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC identification badge, allowing for un-escorted access to the facility within a specific time period.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf