Who is Guardian Industries?
We are looking for a Maintenance Technician at our DeWitt, IA plant with responsibilities for ensuring that plant equipment and facilities are kept in good electrical/mechanical repair and working order, enabling a continuous production mode.
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings.
Most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more, visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
Starting Pay Rate: 27 to 32 an hour
Schedule: Multiple schedule options
401K - 7% Match
Vacation – 120 hours of vacation time
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Safety First Mentality that values risk identification and personal ownership.
- Troubleshoot, identify, and perform corrective and preventive maintenance on electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulics systems.
- Use electrical test equipment, as needed, for repair and troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment while wearing all required PPE.
- Troubleshoot programmable logic controllers, electronics boards and instrumentation, both pneumatic and electronic.
- Diagnose problems by interpreting and working from engineering drawings, blueprints, schematics, and equipment manufacturer’s literature.
- Demonstrated commitment to compliance and ability to manage risk in a manufacturing environment.
- Perform repairs to a precision state.
- Able to communicate and function within a strong team environment.
- Able to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Able to think quickly and prioritize down-time severity
- Able to practice diplomacy and tact along with a strong ability/desire to teach and help others.
- Strong customer focus for both internal and external customers
- Training will be provided by our team members to transfer knowledge and skills on critical equipment.
- Ability to work a 12 hour rotating shift that includes holidays and weekends
- Ability to work overtime as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Ability to troubleshoot root causes and apply long term solutions
- Minimum of (2) years of experience maintaining equipment
- Ability to read and interpret machine electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Ability to wear all required PPE for the work. This can include wearing arc flash or hot suits for electrical or mechanical work respectively and respirators as needed.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Strong electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic background
- Experience in Allen Bradley, PLC and Drive troubleshooting
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com