Senior Process Engineer
As a Senior Process Engineer, you are a member of the Process Technology and Project Development team. You will contribute in numerous ways including defining risk position through participation in process safety-related activities such as MOC and PHA. As a member of a process business team, you will identify and capture unit production and plant improvement opportunities. As a member of a project team, you will leverage your process knowledge and skills, including data analysis, to provide innovative solutions that will create competitive advantages for our business and are consistent with the company EHS and stewardship goals.
Senior Process Engineers at Pine Bend gain valuable experience for both technical and leadership careers at FHR, which is part of the global family of Koch Industries employing 120,000 people worldwide.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Leading and delivering innovative experiments, process optimizations and capital projects to improve site competitiveness
- Troubleshooting production processes and applying Root Cause Analysis methodologies
- Building strong collaborative relationships with other teams and leaders across the site and the business
- Actively participating in the site's PSM execution (MOC Process, PSSR, PSI, PHA, MI, etc.)
- providing process engineering and technical support to plant operations for production units on site
- Utilize strong interpersonal skills, contributing positively in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have a commitment to ongoing learning and developing new skills
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher of Science in Chemical Engineering
- At least five (4) years’ experience in the refining or chemical processing industry
- Experience with common industrial process equipment (pumps, compressors, fractionators, heat exchangers, fired process equipment and how they work, including optimization/troubleshooting)
- Experience with process control fundamentals
- Experience with Project engineering support, including Process Design experience with project management functions (including option selection, economic evaluations, process design basis, P&ID’s, commissioning, and project closeout)
- Experience working with simulation software and hydraulic calculations
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least ten (8) years of experience in the refinery or chemical processing industry
- Experience working within and/or leading cross-functional teams
- Experience with refinery economics and how to apply to project analysis
- Experience with agile project and experiment execution
- Layer of Protection Analysis/Quantitative Risk Analysis/Process Hazard Analysis engineering experience
- Experience with API 520/521 Relief Design standards
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf