Software Engineer Technical Leader (Remote)
KBX Technology Solutions, LLC, a provider of transportation technology to industry leaders, is seeking a Software Engineer Technical Leader. This role will be part of a team of engineers that are responsible for enhancing existing applications and for building applications using modern microservices architecture techniques. Responsibilities include design and implementation of technical solutions that are secure, support best practices, embrace CI/CD, and are scalable. The qualified candidate has a solid understanding of the organization(s) being supported and ITs role in the business's mission and applies it to the application development and design.
KBX Technology Solutions is a subsidiary of KBX – a Koch Industries Inc. company – and complements all KBX subsidiaries (Rail, Logistics, and International) to drive enhanced data and analytics across the global supply chain for customers. Based in Wichita, Kansas, Koch Industries is one of the largest privately held companies in America. Being privately held, we are able to embrace long-term visions and invest in the future through our holistic application of Principal-Based Management®.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop tech design / specs/user stories for Infrastructure upgrades.
- Assist Team Lead in developing tech design / specs/user stories for enhancements to existing/new features. Work with Product Manager, Team Lead and Business Analyst in creating development plans that break features into functional units of work.
- Execution of this role will involve both the deployment of standardized product offerings and the creation of new solutions and services as required to meet customer needs.
- Coordinate with peers in leading the effort to develop and/or refine processes which optimize the delivery of Cloud solutions and create value for KBXT and its customers.
- Ensuring delivery of technical solutions that meet the business outcomes, consistent with software development standards and best practices for a service-oriented architecture.
- Working with a team of engineers and analysts through discovery, delivery, and support of a new platform that is focused on the transformation of our transportation management systems.
- Collaborate with other product teams in order to develop and maintain UI standards across multiple sites, maintaining a consistent look and feel but allowing for modern UI design to be implemented.
- Design web page layouts and optimize the user experience.
- Perform analysis, design and development work using a variety of solutions and technologies. Propose alternative solutions to achieve desired result.
- Maintain awareness of emerging industry trends and technologies which may create value.
- Produce documentation to support solutions that you have developed in order to aid in support of the solution - perform on-call support as needed.
- Create coding and logic specifications for developers as well as assist in coaching and mentoring of others within the team.
- Support Platform Product applications in the hosting environment, which may include troubleshooting and problem-solving.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience programming with C# and .NET
- Experience Developing RESTful APIs and GRPC
- Experience working with Relational Database (SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience with ORM Framework (Entity Framework, Hibernate, Dapper)
- Experience with leading technical designs
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience using Angular for modern website development
- Experience coaching and assisting in the development of other team members
- Experience writing unit tests
- Understanding of Onion, N-TIER, Hexagonal or other formal architectural strategy
- SOLID Development Patterns
- Experience working in a Microservices environment/architecture.
- Experience with Message Queueing Technologies such as RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Experience setting up an application to build in a Docker Container
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with unit testing using Jasmine, Jest, or any js/ts unit test framework
- Experience with Transportation or Logistics Applications
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $120,000 - $155,000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf