Georgia-Pacific is looking for Production Associates for our Spartanburg, SC corrugated packaging facility!
Starting wages are $18.00 per hour with shift differentials of 2nd shift $.50 per hour & 3rd shift $.25 per hour. You will have the ability to increase your compensation based on skills and contribution to the overall performance of the plant.
- Only candidates who are flexible to be assigned to work any shift will be considered. Candidates must be flexible and available to work first, second, or third shift as needed. This will include overtime, holidays, and weekends.
- Currently hiring for 2nd and 3rd shift.
- The first 2 weeks of orientation will be on 1st shift (7am - 3pm), and you will be assigned your permanent 2nd or 3rd shift after your orientation.
- Spartanburg operates on a points-based attendance program.
Hours for shifts are as follows:
- 1st Shift: 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- 2nd Shift: 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- 3rd Shift: 11:00 PM - 7:00 AM (Starts Sunday night)
Our Production Associates create value by safely operating machinery and assisting with the production of corrugated sheets to be made into printed boxes for our valued customers. In this role, you will have the exciting opportunity to join a close-knit team dedicated to safety. Hard work pays off and will provide opportunity to advance in skillset and compensation with on-the-job training for roles throughout our facility. Motivated individuals are encouraged to apply!
Click here to learn more about our products and click here to see how we make corrugated boxes!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operate equipment to defined standards and product specification targets
- Monitor and/or entry into computer control systems
- Troubleshoot equipment to optimize production
- Perform basic asset care duties to include routine preventative maintenance and cleaning of work area
- Work as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste, quality, and safety goals
- Operate and/or work around mobile equipment
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day, in a loud/noisy, and industrial, high-volume environment
- Work in a hot/humid or cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Available to work 2nd shift, weekends, holidays and overtime as required
- Assist in the emptying and baling of board waste as orders are produced
- Load and unload raw materials and waste
- Perform required quality inspections and tests, while maintaining accurate record of results
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in a manufacturing, industrial, agricultural, or military environment OR completion of post high school education in a manufacturing/industrial centered program
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience using a computer, tablet, or smart device
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Experience troubleshooting equipment or heavy machinery
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf