Shift Asset Leader
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers, and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, airbags, food packaging, carpet, and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
As part of our rapid transformation, INVISTA is seeking a Shift Asset Leader (SAL) at our Victoria, TX plant to join our industry-leading team. At INVISTA we believe that our Operations Culture will be our competitive advantage and are looking for individuals that are passionate about advancing it to the next level.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The SAL is responsible for leadership and direct supervision of a team of Shift Mechanics and I&E technicians delivering superior performance in Personnel/Process Safety, Environmental, Asset Availability/Reliability, Cost of Manufacturing, Shift Capability Growth, and Maintenance Execution. This will be done by:
- Driving ownership and accountability for shift results.
- Ensuring the safe, reliable, and environmentally sound operation of the Victoria, TX manufacturing site.
- Developing of field capabilities to run, maintain, optimize, and improve our production units.
- Leading the team in active ownership of Plant Maintenance and Preventative Maintenance Program Execution in compliance with Process Safety Management (PSM) requirements and accountable for the results.
- Driving disciplined application of the Incident Reporting, Investigation Process (Enablon), Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Corrective Actions.
- Responsible for managing risk in alignment with the site’s Risk Management Procedures and Process.
- Accountability for the shift team to adopt and create value from utilizing emerging technologies.
- Driving continuous improvement of the site’s workflow process by application of Lean principles, leveraging team capabilities, and reliability strategies.
- Connecting the shift to the economic performance of the operating units and how that impacts our market competitiveness.
- Guiding the shift to achieve site BETs by driving innovation, acting as principled entrepreneurs, and prioritizing and completing playbook initiatives.
- Creating opportunities for team members through work assignments, training, feedback, coaching, support, and development plans.
- Building a pipeline of talent for future opportunities.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Engineering, Industrial, etc.) and two or more years of supervisory experience.
- Three or more years of experience as a Supervisor in a Manufacturing or Petrochemical facility.
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a Manufacturing or Petrochemical facility
- Experience troubleshooting equipment issues and facilitating RCA, Cause Mapping, and Failure Mode Cause Analysis
- Experience at a KOCH Manufacturing or Petrochemical Facility
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf