As an Intelligence Specialist with Matador Security Company, Inc. you will be responsible for collecting, analyzing, and disseminating intelligence on travel risks, emerging security threats, trends, and events which could impact personnel, assets, information, and reputation. Areas of analysis will include, but are not limited to, crime, political, social, cultural, environmental, and economic factors.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Research, collect, and analyze open-source information to produce actionable security intelligence products for decision makers
- Populate, exploit, and maintain intelligence/threat databases to proactively identify emerging security threats and/or trends
- Utilize critical thinking and analytical tools and techniques to develop objective and accurate assessments and forecasts on a variety of security-related topics
- Provide objective assessments of emerging security threats, trends, and events and effectively discern and convey potential impacts to the business
- Assess and communicate real-time analytic judgments regarding specific threats and intelligence gaps
- Conduct real-time monitoring of specific events for potential threats or other security disruptions using social media monitoring platforms, news aggregators, and other available sources
- Conduct limited-scope open-source investigations
- Research, develop, and maintain open-source collection tools and techniques
- Proactively monitor a variety of open sources (social media, news media, etc.) to maintain general situational awareness in an effort to identify/forecast potential security issues
- Respond in a timely manner to requests for intelligence support
- Work with fellow analysts and other internal business units to facilitate information sharing and collaboration
- Work off schedule when necessary to fulfill requirements
A successful candidate will have the following attributes and abilities:
- Highly refined analytical writing and editing skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Thorough understanding of the intelligence cycle and analytic tradecraft
- High levels of integrity and discretion; reliable and responsible
- Ability to communicate assessments effectively and concisely
- Excellent collaborative abilities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; self-starter
- Strong multi-tasking and time/project management skills
- Ability to produce high-quality work under time constraints or other types of pressure
- Willingness to both issue and accept challenges to analytical conclusions
- Proficiency in a variety of social media monitoring platforms, as well as a strong familiarity with geospatial tools and news aggregators
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years of experience conducting open-source intelligence collection and analysis for the private sector, law enforcement, and/or federal government OR a Bachelor's degree (or higher) in intelligence/security studies, international relations, political science, history, psychology, criminal justice, or related discipline(s)
- 2+ years of experience performing open-source research (i.e., professional or academic)
- Experience with MS Office, Office 365, or other similar productivity suite of applications
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in physical security, law enforcement, or executive protection (or experience in an intelligence role directly supporting such a field)
- Security experience working in the private sector
- Experience, certification, or training in threat assessment and threat management (e.g., CTM, ATAP, NABITA, etc.)
- Experience conducting due diligence investigations
- Experience working on a team and producing collaborative products
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf