Georgia-Pacific is currently hiring for a Corrugator Supervisor in Madera, CA. The ideal candidate will demonstrate safety as a value and lead a crew of employees to exceed production expectations for the shift. The candidate must be self-driven and demonstrate a commitment to safety, manufacturing excellence, and quality.
Supervisors at the Madera facility will have the opportunity to contribute to a successful box plant, both in improving the efficiency of production and in helping to build a culture of Principle-Based Management. This position provides opportunities for promotion both in Madera and in many other Georgia-Pacific and Koch facilities across the country. Come join our team!
Learn more about:Corrugated Packaging
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing leadership on the operating floor and striving for compliance in safety, health, environmental, and quality
- Foster a culture based on our Principled Based Management (PBM®) Philosophy
- Coaching, training, and developing operations personnel in safety, quality, production, problem solving with continued emphasis on cross-training and building bench strength of the team
- Drive ongoing improvements in safety, quality, service, and production; support focus on downtime and waste
- Addressing key issues and concerns; and interacting with employees from other departments to ensure quality and on-time production
- Engage in continuous improvement opportunities and provide leadership/action plans for gap closure
- Plan, assign and direct work for all hourly production employees; appraise
- performance and provide feedback as needed; assist in resolving complaints; hold employees accountable as needed; pro-actively communicate issues and results on a daily basis
- Flexible to work shift work, holidays and overtime as needed
If you are not familiar with the Corrugated Industry, click on the link below
The Experience You Will Bring
• Experience supervising employees within a manufacturing, production, industrial or military environment
What Will Put You Ahead
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• Experience working in corrugated packaging or containerboard industry on a corrugator OR experience in a converting operation
• Experience working with KIWI application
• Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $75,000- $85,000per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf