Sr Process Control Engineer (Remote)
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Sr. Process Control Engineer to support the Project Engineering Group. This position creates value by providing process control engineering leadership and support for large capital projects. Our typical projects are five million or larger in spend. As a member of the Engineering Team, you will support capital projects across the country. Additionally, you will collaborate with our GP operational support partners to deliver digital expectations for long-term remote support capabilities. This is an excellent opportunity to challenge your technical expertise, organizational skills and leadership to create long term value for our operations partners.
This position will report to the Director - Process Control Engineering and will have the ability to be home-based.
The Projects and Engineering team consists of over 100 individuals across the United States working with our Consumer Products, Building Products and Packaging & Cellulose mills. The team focus is on capital project execution as well as run-ability of current assets. We are engineers and project managers focused on a quality delivery. We partner with our mills as one team, one vision, one result.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide Process Control guidance in alignment with the group vision for large capital projects
- Participate in the development or selection of standard control technologies for the projects
- Provide technical expertise in support of scope development of capital projects
- Act as the PDL (Project Discipline Lead); provide leadership as the lead engineer
- Develop/Review scopes, estimates, and schedules for the electrical portions of projects
- Develop conceptual and detailed engineering and design
- Participate in bid evaluation and selection
- Project field engineering, including construction, startup, and commissioning support
- Train operators, supervision, and process control engineering personnel
- Provide leadership for external/internal engineering resources to drive project proposals, completion and engineering standards
- Provide personal development guidance to Process Control Engineering personnel
- Provide guidance in selection of instrument specifications and control valves
- Lead or participate in check-out and start-up assistance for new or modified control systems and processes
- Provide forced outage and maintenance outage support
The Experience You Will Bring
- Associates Degree or higher in Engineering or Pulp and Paper Science OR 2 years of work experience in Automation or Process Control
- Experience in Automation or Process Controls working with DCS systems
- Experience in leading automation projects and implementation of project activities
- Knowledge of theoretical and practical aspects of the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of continuous manufacturing
- Able to travel 25 - 50% of the time depending on the project
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical or Electrical Engineering
- Leadership experience in Automation or Process Control
- Extensive experience in pulp and paper industry control systems
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf