Are you passionate about automation? Want to deliver solutions that enable Koch companies to create value? If so, our Georgia-Pacific facility in Green Bay, WI; Broadway has an exciting opportunity as an Automation Specialist working in our newly built Cinco Trough Air Dried (TAD) Product System.
The Automation Specialist is responsible for providing solutions and technical support for E80 built automation. This role will support and troubleshoot various material handling automation solutions. You will work closely with the TAD automation Engineer and Operating Technicians and be responsible for leading equipment asset strategies, technician training, performing small and larger automation repairs. and ensure proper asset strategy documentation is in place. This position will have the opportunity to provide feedback and input on to improve team processes. Automation Specialist typically work an 8-hour, day shift schedule with occasional overtime that may be specifically necessary during project start up.
We offer a competitive benefits package, potential for performance-based, pay bonuses, two (2) weeks of vacation prorated for the first year, overtime opportunities and MANY advancement opportunities. External applicants are also eligible to receive a sign-on bonus equal to 15% of the total earnings from the first 90 calendar days of employment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Actively participate in proactive safety efforts.
- Work as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste, quality, and safety goals.
- Lead and perform as SME in E80 equipment including smartboxes.
- Operate equipment to defined standards, centerlines, and product specification targets.
- Use stop/loss data to improve equipment performance and reliability.
- Provide training to others on the team to create independently successful Technicians on each crew.
- Conduct RCAs on major equipment failures and adjust asset strategies as needed.
- Troubleshoot equipment utilizing trouble shooting guides to optimize production.
- Perform simple and complex mechanical and electrical repairs in addition to include routine preventative maintenance and cleaning of automated vehicles/smartboxes.
- Work with Product System Engineer and GP platform group to grow capabilities of the mill and other facilities. Share knowledge.
- Openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in a manufacturing, industrial, agricultural, or military environment OR completion of post high school education in a manufacturing/industrial centered program
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in Material Handling Automation, Palletizing/Conveying systems.
- Electromechanical or Automation degree or background
- Experience in understanding automation logic, using a computer, tablet, or smart device.
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing Automated Material Handling equipment.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf