Koch Engineered Solutions (a Koch Industries company) is seeking Accounting Talent to join our Houston Meto area Accounting Team. Depending on the experience you bring; as an Accounting Supervisor on the team, you will report directly to the Projects & Services Controller and will create value by providing accounting and analysis support for two business units within the company.
The ideal candidate must possess supervisory experience, knowledge of accounting and financial principles, strong internal financial control values, a keen attention to detail, and be an active learner. You will be a team player, as well as a highly motivated individual that excels in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Regular travel within the city of Houston will be involved.
The two business units you will support:
Koch Specialty Plant Solutions
Koch Project Solutions
Each of these companies are vital in supporting our Integrated Projects and Services platform which helps us achieve our mission to understand your challenges and become your go-to partner that helps you meet and exceed your long-term vision through reliable, proven, integrated technologies and services.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Working within a larger accounting and finance organization, you’ll manage a small team of 1 to 3 individuals
- Perform financial closing procedures, variance analysis, and balance sheet account analysis
- Create and present ad-hoc financial reporting and analysis for internal business partners
- Partner with business unit managers as well as the Projects & Services Controller to profitably execute business objectives
- Support the two business units by facilitating a strong internal financial control environment
- Look to identify, recommend, and support process improvements and ensure the delivery of optimal services
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5 years of experience managing a team and a financial close process
- 5 Years of experience working with and advising an operations management team
- Equivalent experience or Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or a related Business field
- Conceptual or working knowledge of general accounting functions (G/L, Intercompany Transactions, Account Reconciliations, Journal Entries, Variance Analysis, Month-End close) and Internal Financial Controls
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365; that includes MS Excel skills (spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis and formula creation)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Infor LN experience
- Exposure to job costing
- Business support experience
- Experience gathering and reporting from a large volume of data, that originated from different systems
- Construction, field services, engineering or similar project business experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf