Payroll Specialist (temporary contract)
Guardian is a diversified global manufacturing company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, with leading positions in float glass and fabricated glass products for commercial, residential and transportation applications; automotive trim; and the distribution of building products. Through its research and development centers (Science & Technology Center for glass and Advanced Development Center for automotive), Guardian is at the forefront of innovation. Its automotive trim group, SRG Global, is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of chrome-plated plastic parts for the automotive, commercial truck and consumer goods industries. Guardian, its subsidiaries and affiliates employ 18,000 people and operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
Guardian is looking for a Payroll Specialist (temporary contract). The candidate could be located in Tudela (Navarra), in Llodio (Álava) or Liria (Valencia). This is an office-based role with possibility of remote work.
In this role you will be working as part of our dynamic payroll team and as part of our European HR capability. Here you will be primarily doing and assisting the payroll process for multiple KOCH companies in Spain. In this role you will have the chance to partner up with different teams across HR and Finance internally and with our external payroll provider.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Preparation of payroll in Spain, ensuring compliance in cooperation with the providers.
- Interacting with government agencies and submitting legal requests for payroll and human resources (SEPE certificates, maternity/paternity).
- Advise on payroll, benefits, and tax compliance issues.
- Employee clocking-in control to send to payroll provider
- Preparation of regular HR reports and analyses.
- Supporting the accounting department from a payroll perspective.
- Contact person for employees and supervisors for compensation inquiries and system inquiries.
- Participation in global/local projects around payroll according to business requirements.
- Continuously improve payroll and employment compliance processes.
- Support other team members, including potential opportunities to support other Koch companies in Europe.
- Management and control of payroll related payments.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in payroll and employment tax.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Data analysis skills.
- Well organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Independent and self-driven way of working.
- Fluent communication skills in Spanish. Intermediate level of English (oral and written) is desirable.