Chemical Process Operator
Chemical Process Operator Trainee - starting wage: $23.95/hr, progress to $38.92/hr
Flexible benefits and competitive pension plan
INVISTA is one of the world’s largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon applications. We deliver exceptional value for our customers through market insights, technological innovations and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks.
Maitland site produces DYTEK®A amine, a chemical intermediate used globally in products such as polyamide plastics, fibers, adhesives, curing agents, polyurethanes, vitamins, pharmaceuticals and epoxy resins. Maitland Site also operates Cogeneration Units, a Hydrogen Plant and Utilities operation.
INVISTA Canada's chemical manufacturing site located in Maitland, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Chemical Process Operator.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Work in a team environment to operate, maintain and improve our operations
- Utilization of computerized control systems.
- Manual operation of equipment (pumps, valves etc.) to control the process.
- Issuance of associated Safe Work Permits
- Initiation of maintenance notifications
- Responding to process disruptions.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures
- Progress to classification levels within the specified timeframe and obtain the Controller 1st Class
- Ability to manage the work effectively in a shift and day assignment
- Willingness to actively pursue the implementation of the work processes.
- Take initiative, work effectively with others, have high expectations, and follow through on tasks with minimum supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with a strong focus on safety, environment and quality.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively.
- Contribute to team results.
Skills and Background Required:
- Minimum Grade XII, including chemistry and math.
- Be physically able to do the job.
- Have the ability to learn the necessary computer and process control skills related to the processes (DCS, IBM-PC’s, IP21, etc.)
- A demonstrated high value around compliance and safety, and past work experience illustrating it
- Demonstrated work performance that is consistent with a team environment
- Preference will be given to candidate(s) with previous Chemical Plant experience
What's in it for you:
- Flexible benefits package
- Competitive pension plan
- Performance bonus program
- Additional vacation purchase program
- Additional floating holidays
- Education Assistance Program for job related training
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a detailed resume in English along with a covering letter to www.kochcareers.com.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check
If you have the above qualifications, we would like to hear from you. We thank all applicants in advance, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located at the bottom of www.kochcareers.com webpage.