Accounting Supervisor - AR/AP
Koch Minerals & Trading is seeking a highly motivated and self-driven Accounting Supervisor for our Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable team! In this role you will be responsible for overseeing global payment and cash application processes, coaching and developing employees, ensuring the right controls are in place around critical processes and are being followed, building and maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, supporting the month-end financial close process, fostering an environment of innovation and transformation for your team, supporting various accounting and treasury projects, and working closely with the KM&T Treasury team to advance its vision.
In order to be successful in this role, an individual must be able to adjust priorities quickly in response to frequently changing circumstances, must be accurate and timely in their communications, diligent when it comes to working with numbers, a strong critical thinker, and motivated to drive change. A successful candidate will also posses solid technical skills and be fully committed to maintaining an environment centered around integrity and compliance. If you are looking for an opportunity to join a dynamic team, please check out our open role!
This role will be based at our headquarters in Wichita, KS. We offer a flexible/hybrid schedule of remote and in-office work.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead the accounts payable and accounts receivable team by developing and fostering partnerships across the enterprise while delivering transformative best practices
- Manage global payment and cash application processes in a highly centralized environment and to business standards
- Ensure appropriate controls and safeguards are in place around critical payment and cash application processes
- Constantly work to build out payment knowledge systems and market, industry knowledge
- Coach, develop, and mentor team through the application of Principle Based Management ™
- Perform various month-end financial close responsibilities including reviewing and approving monthly general ledger account reconciliations
- Close AP and AR sub-ledgers timely each month
- Ensure key AP and AR reports are completed timely on a daily/weekly basis and to business standards
- Understand upstream and downstream processes and leverage that knowledge to drive value-added change
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers, both domestic and international
- Exercise full compliance of Koch standards and constantly work to strengthen the control environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business-related field
- A minimum of 2 years of Accounting, Finance, or related experience
- Strong technical skills with the ability to process/handle large data sets efficiently
- Experience applying fundamental accounting concepts and principles
- Willing and able to work holidays on a rotating basis to support global payment and cash application processes
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in a supervisory/leadership position
- Exposure to accounts payable, accounts receivable, and/or treasury processes
- Experience with and/or ability to effectively utilize business intelligence, data mining, or workflow tools such as Alteryx, Power BI, Tableau, or other software
- Strong ability to problem solve and independently work through decisions by applying logic and business knowledge with minimal direction
- Knowledge of commodity trading and trading fundamentals
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf