Wage Increase! Wages now starting at $20.92per hour!
Are you ready to take the next step in your career but not sure how? Are you ready to start a career, rather than just a job? Do you like to be challenged while learning new skills? The Georgia-Pacific Martinsville, VA plant is looking to expand our team of talented individuals by hiring Operations Associates. Candidates selected for this role will have an opportunity to train with our experienced team members to learn the process of producing corrugated boxes from start to finish. Successful trainees will have the opportunity to move into various roles within our facility! This position pays $20.40 per hour, plus a shift deferential for 2nd and 3rd shifts.
Employees in this role are required to be available to work second or third shift. This may include overtime, holidays, and weekends. Hours for the shifts are as follows:
2nd: 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm
3rd: 11:00 pm – 7:00 am
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform housekeeping functions to aid in keeping machinery functioning properly, reducing hazards and maintaining the appearance of the plant.
- Contribute to a team environment by cross-training and filling in for other operators during absences and breaks.
- Complete and maintain daily inspections and downtime reports .
- Maintain a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in manufacturing, farming, ranching, or industrial environment.
- Available to work second or third shift. This may include overtime, holidays, and weekends.
- Able to work in a noisy, hot/humid (or sometimes cold) manufacturing environment.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working in the corrugated industry.
- Two (2) or more years of continuous work in a high-speed, team-based manufacturing environment (picker-packer, dedicated assembly, and warehousing not applicable).
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com