Chemical Operator III
Koch Separation Solutions (KSS) is looking for a Chemical Operator III to join their team. This role will perform routine Chemical Operator duties, as well as covering for Work Cell Leads in their absence. The person in this role must be able to work from rough schematics, blueprints and/or verbal instructions to construct and complete work in project development stages.
A Chemical Operator with KSS produces membrane products and sub-assemblies including membrane mix solutions and membrane casting/coating in accordance with instructions. Sets up and operates casting/coating equipment and use of various precision measurement devices for thickness, viscosity, and chemical analysis. Able to read and interpret a variety of work instructions. Sets up and adjusts workstations to tolerances according to work instructions. Performs recordkeeping as required.
At Koch Separation Solutions (KSS), we are dedicated to transforming the landscape of separations by leveraging synergistic technologies such as membrane filtration, ion exchange, evaporation, drying, and more. Our solutions help customers in the food and beverage, dairy, life science, and industrial markets produce high-quality products through concentration and purification, remove contaminants and recycle valuable process chemicals, achieve high-purity water, and treat wastewater for suitable discharge or even reuse to increase sustainability in their operations. Our success is rooted in the collaborative teamwork of our exceptional employees across the world. As KSS continues to expand, we are always seeking outstanding professionals in all aspects of our business. Come join our team today and help us deliver Separation Technologies for a Better Future™.
This role is not available for Sponsorship.
The following shifts are available:
- Sunday- Tuesday and every other Wednesday 6:00AM-6:15PM - XD
- Sunday- Tuesday and every other Wednesday 6:00PM-6:15AM - includes base pay plus 15% shift differential - XN
- Thursday-Saturday and every other Wednesday 6:00AM-6:15PM - YD
- Thursday-Saturday and every other Wednesday 6:00PM-6:15AM - includes base pay plus 18% shift differential - YN
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensure chemical solutions are mixed in accordance with specifications.
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities.
- Perform role independently with little supervision.
- Conduct all quality checks as required and ensure all materials meet expectation.
- Act as a leader within the Chemical Operator area and help delegate work to chemical operators.
- Work closely with R&D and Manufacturing Engineering
- Produce reports that illustrate current productivity, quality, cost, schedule adherence.
- Monitor inventory levels and make VIS transactions as needed.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Previous experience in a Chemical Operator/Blending position
- Understanding of MRP software system
- Computer experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Membrane manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated chemical mixing history.
- Leadership experience
Koch Engineered Solutions, part of the Koch Industries family of companies, is a dynamic network of businesses that work together to create an ecosystem of domain expertise. Increasing operational efficiency and safety. Reducing waste and emissions. The manufacturing challenges of today aren’t just about improving performance or practicing environmental stewardship, such as managing water and waste, reducing carbon emissions, and increasing energy efficiency. They are about doing both, but better. That’s where you come in. We are a people company. It’s our people who bring the domain expertise and engineered solutions to our customers. Join our ranks and change the world.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf