Koch Separation Solutions (KSS) is looking for a talented EHS Specialist to join their EHS team. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn. The EHS Specialist will be supporting the environmental, health and safety efforts at our Wilmington, MA site campus. The position is primarily responsible for hands-on, day-to-day activities related to safety at the plant level. This will involve working closely with all managers and employees to act with proper regard for the rights of others, especially regarding safety and the environment.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, demonstrate a commitment to safety and manufacturing excellence, possess strong written and verbal skills.
At Koch Separation Solutions (KSS), we are dedicated to transforming the landscape of separations by leveraging synergistic technologies such as membrane filtration, ion exchange, evaporation, drying, and more. Our solutions help customers in the food and beverage, dairy, life science, and industrial markets produce high-quality products through concentration and purification, remove contaminants and recycle valuable process chemicals, achieve high-purity water, and treat wastewater for suitable discharge or even reuse to increase sustainability in their operations. Our success is rooted in the collaborative teamwork of our exceptional employees across the world. As KSS continues to expand, we are always seeking outstanding professionals in all aspects of our business. Come join our team today and help us deliver Separation Technologies for a Better Future™.
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship
Work schedule for this role will be 11am to 7:30pm M-F
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ergonomics coordination and support for KSS campus with an emphasis on material handling.
- Help train, educate, and involve KSS employees in EHS continual improvement to include activities such as: Toolbox talks, Safety Flashes, Training Presentations, Shop floor tours and other related activities.
- Actively drive continual improvement, compliance, and hazard / risk awareness
- Respond to campus EHS safety concerns/issues.
- Champion campus Haz Com program.
- Develop the management skills of KSS Leads and Supervisors to independently generate and maintain JHAs for all existing jobs and any new jobs that result from changes in processes, chemicals use, or redesign of work areas'.
- Review/ modify / approve safe work permits for jobs that require them.
- Perform workspace air monitoring during special projects that require sampling to ensure safe working condition's.
- Perform noise studies for operations with potential elevated noise levels.
- Coordinate Industrial Hygiene sampling, reporting and program development.
- Participate in root cause corrective action teams to reduce risks related to EH&S.
- Chemical safety coordinator for inventories, SDS management, & hazardous waste management.
- Machine guarding assessments and prioritization for KSS Campus.
- Draft application submittals for the Town of Wilmington permits in the following areas: Flammable Permit and Registration, Hazardous Material Processing, Welding/Hot Work, Rubbish.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Previous EHS experience across multiple disciplines and scenarios in a private, government or military environment.
- Experience interpreting Federal, State and/or Local Agency EHS regulatory guidance (OSHA, Fire Code).
- Physical Requirements:
- Comfortable handling hazardous materials: ability to frequently stand, walk, reach within hands and arm’s length, stoop, stretch and crouch; ability to work in wet environment; able to wear safety glasses, hearing protection and safety toe work shoes.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Safety related field or other science/engineering degree.
- 3+ years of EHS Experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Qualifications in DOT Certification for Hazardous Waste, RCRA Certification for Hazardous Waste, Red Cross Certified, and ASP/CSP Certification.
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Experience in public speaking with large groups and conducting live safety training classes.
- Utilizing MS Office-Word-PowerPoint-Excel (graphing) in a work environment.
Koch Engineered Solutions, part of the Koch Industries family of companies, is a dynamic network of businesses that work together to create an ecosystem of domain expertise. Increasing operational efficiency and safety. Reducing waste and emissions. The manufacturing challenges of today aren’t just about improving performance or practicing environmental stewardship, such as managing water and waste, reducing carbon emissions and increasing energy efficiency. They are about doing both, but better. That’s where you come in. We are a people company. It’s our people who bring the domain expertise and engineered solutions to our customers. Join our ranks and change the world.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf