Industrial Electrician - $43.26/hr
$1000.00 Signing Bonus
Flexible Benefits Package and Pension Plan
''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
Our INVISTA Kingston, ON facility is seeking entrepreneurial, Industrial Electricians to join our team of Maintenance Technicians. We are looking for individuals interested in transformation, starting with themselves, and strengthening our team in a growing nylon market. This role will have responsibilities to maintain our equipment in a way that protects the health and safety of our workforce, the community, and the environment. You will have the opportunity to grow your career, learn new skills and create value for INVISTA, our customers and society!
·Relocation assistance is available for a successful candidate, if required to move
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Industrial Electricians are primarily responsible for preventive maintenance and repair work on industrial electrical and instrumentation equipment in accordance with our Environmental, Health, and Safety practices. You will:
- Perform routine, preventative maintenance and condition monitoring, install, calibrate, troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Maintain accurate maintenance records.
- Assist in the development, improvement and implementation of reliability centered maintenance strategies.
- Provide training for operating team members to build capability within the team.
- Expand your capabilities as needed to create superior value.
- Reading/interpreting technical work orders, blueprints, technical manuals, single line electrical drawings, electrical code specifications, schematics, P&IDs and instrument loop drawings
- Types of equipment can include but are not limited to electrical fixtures, control equipment and wiring for industrial electrical systems, motors, generators, distribution equipment systems, wiring systems, lighting systems, motor drives, stand-by power systems, instrumentation, and energy storage systems.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Licensed as an Industrial Electrician/Construction & Maintenance Electrician Minimum of 2 years recent working experience as an Electrician
- Experience working with and understand electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics and P&IDs
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, locate, identify, and diagnose malfunctions
- Strong ability to work under minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal skills, communication skills and the ability to collaborate well with peers, operations, engineering, and management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and interest in continuous learning and improvement.
- Must place a high value on safety and have past work experience demonstrating same
- Able to work in a tobacco free environment
- Ability to perform the physical duties for the job
What Will Put You Ahead
- Work experience as an Industrial Electrician in an industrial, manufacturing, refining and or chemical facility
- Multi-craft certifications
- SAP Experience
- Planning experience in an industrial or refining or petrochemical facility
- Experience troubleshooting equipment issues and determining failure root causes
- Experience utilizing a variety of technology
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office programs, use of mobile technologies (tablets, phones, etc), use of apps, wi-fi connected technology.
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located in the FAQ section at the bottom of the kochcareers.com webpage.