Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician - Remote
Koch-Glitsch is an affiliate of Koch Industries, Inc., one of the largest privately held companies in America according to Forbes magazine. Koch companies have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employ about 100,000 people. Since 2003, the businesses have invested more than $43 billion in acquisitions and capital expenditures. Koch-Glitsch is a global leader in the design and manufacture of state-of-the-art mass transfer and mist elimination products for the chemical, petrochemical, refining, gas processing, pharmaceutical and specialty industries. For more information about Koch-Glitsch, visit our web site atwww.koch-glitsch.com
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform checkout, testing, troubleshooting and commissioning/ startup of a wide variety of electrical and electronic equipment for our manufactured and packaged equipment. This equipment includes, but is not limited to: pumps, motors, valves, actuators, and transmitters, emission monitoring equipment, recorders, and programmable logic controllers (PLC).
- Specialists will be required to install, navigate, troubleshoot and alter all types of PLC’s (programmable controllers) PID loop controllers, VFD’s, HMI’s, and other control devices.
- Provide phone and on-line technical support for other JZ Technicians and customers.
- Provide end user training and participates in cross training within the service department.
- Provide recommendations on retrofit/modifications to existing equipment.
- Carry a company cell phone and remain on call for customer service as needed.
- Complete all required service ticket information and gets customer acceptance of services and parts provided.
- Generate/modify technical documents and drawings to represent final field changes and corrections for commissioning of equipment.
- Demonstrate safe work habits in an industrial environment.
- Travel extensively within the US - 75% travel should be expected.
- Able to stand, stoop, reach lift overhead, and sit for long periods of time.
- Able to hear distinct sounds, visualize all colors of spectrum and visually see up close and at distance.
- This work is in an outdoor environment and long workdays on occasion.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience programming, calibrating, and configuring 4-20 MA loop devices.
- Experience for modifying, diagnosing and troubleshooting PLC’s (programmable Logic Controllers) such as, but not limited to, Allen Bradley and GE brands.
- Experience understanding and applying National Electrical code (NEC)
- Experience reading and understanding P&ID’s, fabrication drawings, and electrical schematics
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Able to travel over 75% of the time
- Proven Mechanical Aptitude and ability to work independent to solve problems
- A TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card) will have to be obtained within first six (6) weeks of employment
- Electrical and mechanical skills
- Able to drive a Company vehicle and respond to customers as the need arises.
- Able to lift up to 50# on occasion and 25# routinely, able to bend, stoop, crawl and maneuver around skidded equipment and piping.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Past work history traveling for work related functions.
- Experience with Allen Bradley Control Logix, RS Linx, GE Rx3i, and other comparable Manufacturer’s Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Experience working on all types of industrial, electrical and electronic equipment including, but not limited to motors, valves, actuators, transmitters and PLC equipment
- Experience with electrical troubleshooting, including the ability to read schematics and wiring programs
- Experience with Industrial safety, OSHA and NFPA 70E.
- Electrical journeyman license a plus
- Experience with Modicon and Siemens Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
Koch-Glitsch has achieved business success by having employees who act with integrity, focus on compliance excellence and create real long-term value for our customers and society. These principles are part of MBM®, a unique business and management philosophy that sets Koch-Glitsch apart from other companies in its industry. Koch-Glitsch is seeking individuals who share these values and want to be part of a winning team. For more information about Koch-Glitsch, visit our web site at www.koch-glitsch.com.
Koch-Glitsch Canada is committed to creating an inclusive culture across the organization by preventing and removing barriers for persons with disabilities. If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know.