Director, Propylene Corporate Development
About The Role
INVISTA is seeking a Director, Propylene to join our Corporate Development (“CD”) team!
A successful candidate for this role will have the following characteristics:
- Excellent strategic and economic thinking skills
- Passion for profitable growth, willingness to challenge the status quo, and an ability to act as a change agent at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work with and influence business leaders and others to successfully drive point-of-view and strategy development and make specific recommendations
- Proactive, high-energy, and self-motivated working style paired with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to dynamically manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Collaborative with the ability to work effectively across different groups and organizations
- Ability to simplify complex analysis and communicate (written and verbal) at multiple levels of the organization
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Partner with INVISTA Propylene business leaders to develop proprietary and actionable point-of-view strategies supporting potential investment opportunities
- Partner with INVISTA Propylene business leaders to develop and/or refresh their vision, key strategies and key initiatives as warranted
- Originate, package and present opportunities for challenge and approval to all levels of INVISTA and Koch leadership
- Work with the Corporate Development team of Analysts and coach them to gain solid competency around Koch’s economic and POV frameworks and mental models
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience leading complex and multi-discipline projects (i.e. combination of operations commercial/finance)
- Experience in guiding a decision-making process, communicating recommendations to business leaders, and facilitating an efficient challenge process
- Previous experience generating and using financial models to support decisions
- Must have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead
- 3+ years’ experience in corporate, commercial, and/or business development
- Industry knowledge of the olefins and / or polypropylene industries
INVISTA is a global manufacturer of chemical intermediates, polymers, and fibers. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging, carpet and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA is committed to innovation and responsibly creating more value for its customers and society while consuming fewer resources to make these products. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf